unclaimed payment?

tatsu_k

Nov 17, 2010
I have a Q, this never happened to me before, so, i sold an item and was waiting for a payment, and buyer says she paid and the message is that the payment is unclaimed. I went to my page, and there is a sand watch emblem saying the payment is being processed. I mean, maybe its no biggie, i sold before couple of times, and never had this situation.

Should i just wait for like a day or something? Is payment just clearing?

Thank you

I have a Q, this never happened to me before, so, i sold an item and was waiting for a payment, and buyer says she paid and the message is that the payment is unclaimed. I went to my page, and there is a sand watch emblem saying the payment is being processed. I mean, maybe its no biggie, i sold before couple of times, and never had this situation.

Should i just wait for like a day or something? Is payment just clearing?

Thank you

If the buyer used a credit card to fund the payment, your account needs to be upgraded to a premium account in order to accept c.c. payments.

I had something like this happen to me when I listed an item on my eBay phone app. When I typed in my email address for PayPal I missed a letter accidentally and did not catch it. The payment say payment pending on eBay but nothing showed up in PayPal. What I had the buyer do was cancel the original payment and sent a new invoice via PayPal. But the only way I found out the was a problem was by contacting eBay. So you may want to give them a call and see what's going on

I have had this happen both as a buyer and a seller. From what I understand, it is often bcz of insufficient funds in the PayPal account. It can take a couple of days for transfer of funds from the bank or cc. I wouldn't worry just yet :smile:

I had something like this happen to me when I listed an item on my eBay phone app. When I typed in my email address for PayPal I missed a letter accidentally and did not catch it. The payment say payment pending on eBay but nothing showed up in PayPal. What I had the buyer do was cancel the original payment and sent a new invoice via PayPal. But the only way I found out the was a problem was by contacting eBay. So you may want to give them a call and see what's going on

Thats why im confused, i am a buyer/seller, but i sell once in blue moon, i sold last item over a year ago, and do not remember having this issue.

As i understand, since i ddnt change anything on my paypal, have same email address and verified home addess, the only reason this could happen is for insufficient funds of the buyer?

If this is a problem on my side, what can i check?

I suggested it earlier and you didn't respond specifically answering the question. Is your account upgraded to accept credit card payments?

Most sellers don't upgrade their accounts until a buyer uses a c.c. and they have to upgrade. Since payments come from paypal balances or bank accounts by default, many buyers don't realize that they can use a credit card.

So if you've never had to upgrade, it's probably because all your previous payments were made by buyers who didn't use c.c.

If this buyer used a credit card, the payment will be pending until you agree to the upgrade (which you must do in accordance with policy). And any future payments you receive going forward will have fees attached to them.

This page might help. You would be the "recipient" referred to in the link.
https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...&countrycode=MY&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9006

OP, could be a need to upgrade, or also first please check your auction. A letter or something could have gotten missed or some typo in your PayPal address just within that specific auction. That happened to me once, I must have inadvertently hit a keystroke tabbing through when starting an auction, and there was a random Q in the address so through no fault of the buyer, the payment was sitting pending going to a wrong address. :smile: hope you get it/got it figured out!