Unbelievable buyer's remorse

I didn't know OP was trying to get the bag back? Why should she do a return at all?? The person has paid and now it is up to her to "prove" it a fake through Carol Diva or My Poupette (not that ridiculous handwritten letter). Or did I miss something?
No ... you didn't miss anything. I know that OP's bag is authentic & that the handwritten letter is an absolute joke. But with the current *bay & PayP policies currently in place, which IMO are completely hostile to sellers, I merely suggested that it might be simpler to accept the return, refund the buyer's money only after OP confirms that it is the same bag she shipped out, and file to recover her *bay/PayP fees. Even though WE all know that the letter is a complete fabrication and the buyer is trying to scam OP, unfortunately, there are no guarantees with PayP or *bay these days.

Again - this is just my opinion. I wholeheartedly support OP in fighting this bogus claim - I was just trying to point out the path of least resistance :yes:

Dear Buyer,

I am absolutely positive that my bag is real, and your note is a fake.

Should you decide to file a claim with Paypal, I have already contacted CarolDiva myself for her authentication, which IS accepted by Paypal as proof of authenticity, unlike your pathetic excuse for a "letter of authenticity."

While I am confident of the bag's authenticity, and also confident that Paypal would never accept such a ridiculous fraud of a note for proof, I am willing to accept my bag back, in its original condition, with my secret sellers mark inside. I will then provide you with a refund, less shipping costs and a 15% restocking fee.

If the bag you return is NOT my original bag, does not possess my secret seller's mark, or is damaged in any way, I will not refund anything and will be reporting your details to the United States Postmaster and your local authorities. They take mail fraud very seriously, as do I. Leave whatever feedback you wish, I have plenty of copies of your feedback extortion attempts and will be providing them to eBay in order to remove whatever you decide to leave for me.

Regards,

Seller

She beat me to writing a letter, as I needed to wake up first.

However, I would add one additional item.

Your bolded area indicates she should take it back.
OP- you you do, add a note about opening the bag on camera in front of a notary so that Polaroids of the bag you receive back will be documented for the purposes of filing fraud charges in the event the back you receive back is not the back you mailed to her.

handbagsrock- nice job!

The note is fake. It will not help her at all because who the F signed it, from where, and what store?

I ordered a $200 abercrombie coat for my little cousin for her birthday and a fake came with a broken zipper and the seller refused return. To avoid trying to figure out how to get proof it was fake I attacked it the damaged route. I had to find a seemstress in my area who took one look at it and said that the zipper was a special metal zipper with the company logo and that there was no way she could replace it and still have it appear as new.
She did handwrite the letter but on business letterhead and signed it CLEARLY first and last name with her address, phone number, and email to contact for confirmation. I won the case and they did call her for confirmation.

I only recommend that OP consider a return as there are so many f'd up things going on with Paypal that if some minimum-wage lackey dealing with a SNAD claim decides to actually accept her ridiculous "letter," the buyer *could* wind up with BOTH a refund and the bag. Paypal no longer always requires a bag be returned if fake.

She's better off in a response to a Paypal claim indicating she's willing to accept a return. Then at least the buyer will have to send the bag back.

Paypal no longer always requires a bag be returned if fake.

In fact, I believe they request that the bag NOT be returned and instead be destroyed by the buyer, which IMO is the worst thing they could do since it fully enables this type of scamming to refund the buyer, tell her to "destroy the bag" and then allow her to use the fake bag in a future transaction.

^ This buyer is an idiot! I cant believe shes taking it this far. It is obviously a sad attempt at a scam and ANOTHER thing that gives her away - if shes so upset that its a "fake" why is she still willing to pay for it if it were a fake!? Probably because shes planning on reselling it at full price! I'm sorry youre having to deal with this, but I'm really glad tPFers are here to help!

Make sure you reply to her negative. Put as much info into it as possible but make it ebay legal. Something like "Bought direct from LV.Auth LV per Carol Diva.Scammer.Sellers beware"

Last edited:
You should be able to get the feedback removed since she tried to extort money out of you in order to not leave it. Just make sure you don't delete the emails from your ebay account!

yes, but i read information regarding feedback extortion...i don't think it's qualified as feedback extortion since the buyer has made payment and received the item.

OP, i am so sorry you are having to deal with this scammer. A lot of great Tpfers have been offering you great advices which is great. I just wanted to let you know that I feel for you and i hope that it will get sorted out soon.