UNABLE TO DELIVER PROBLEM WITH ADDRESS

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
This is what the tracking is now showing for a DVD that I had to return! eBay sent the label with the shipping information on it that I needed to use. Will I be able to get my money back ? And what will USPS do with the DVD sine they can’t find the address![emoji15]

You stated, "This is what the tracking is now showing for a DVD that I had to return!" but it's difficult to advise if we don't know what it's showing.

What I will offer is a couple of possibilities.
  • Sometimes a scanner misreads the address and returns the package to sender. If that happens, contact the seller THROUGH the dispute and verify the address. You might also contact ebay by phone to get it on record that there's a possibility of address error
  • Sometimes the mail carrier presses the wrong button on the scanner so the tracking doesn't show the correct info.

Ok sorry - the subject line is the message that I get when I tracked it Monday - when it was supposed to be delivered.

Thanks!

ETA - I did contact eBay and they could see the message on their end.

Alert:
Unable to deliver item, problem with address

Additional Information
USPS was unable to deliver your item as of 4:43 pm on March 19, 2018 in OAKLEY, ID 83346. The address may be incorrect, incomplete, or illegible.

The best you can do at this point is wait until it comes back (if it does) and investigate at that point.

I've seen that type of scan message and noticed that the next day, it updated to delivery confirmation.

Reactions: bag-princess
I believe you can call the post office, give them the tracking number, and they should be able to pull up a picture of the package. They might be able to tell you if it is indeed illegible.

I believe you can call the post office, give them the tracking number, and they should be able to pull up a picture of the package. They might be able to tell you if it is indeed illegible.

It’s not illegible. It was a printed label that eBay sent me to use when I mailed it back. The problem is the post office is saying they can’t find the address.

It’s not illegible. It was a printed label that eBay sent me to use when I mailed it back. The problem is the post office is saying they can’t find the address.
It's sounds like it isn't your fault. You used the label. If the seller provided an incorrect address to ebay, it sounds to me like it is the seller's fault. I would call ebay and explain this and ask them how they are going to resolve it.

Reactions: bag-princess
This is what it’s suddenly showing this morning so I hope it’s fixed!

——

Your item departed our USPS facility in BOISE ID DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 21, 2018 at 11:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

This is what it’s suddenly showing this morning so I hope it’s fixed!

——

Your item departed our USPS facility in BOISE ID DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 21, 2018 at 11:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
It looks like what I posted in #6 is what probably happened.