Ummm, is this a new low for me????

Um whats wrong with taking advantage to the situation? I've learnt you have to do this in life to get ahead. Ok maybe marriage is different, but you want H, he wants a lighter wallet, its a win-win?! (i guess throwing in a little booty on your behalf wouldn't hurt, its mutual after all)

Airmess - that's so cute!

I'm getting worried because the islands with the H boutiques are known for being wickedly hot and humid in July. Aruba may be a little more pleasant. But no H. :sad:

Dear Ms. GT:

WHY go so far?! Just stay at our back door; HI...

Reason:
save more $ for spending at the 2 H stores there) :graucho:

don't need to worry about any language barrier (great excuse, hum)?!

you didn't go last week, so definitely need to go back and visit them (the 2 H stores)...

if you're happy, he's happy, and if he's happy, then wallet opends.... :tup:

Happy 10th and MANY MANY MORE!!!

Airmess - that's so cute!

I'm getting worried because the islands with the H boutiques are known for being wickedly hot and humid in July. Aruba may be a little more pleasant. But no H. :sad:

What you might want to worry about is that the islands with the H boutiques are known for being wickedly expensive throughout the year. More money spent on holiday => less money to spend at H. :sad:

Woo Hoo you are one smart lady! Did you know that the St Bart's Hermes store is the biggest grossing store in the empire ( besides the mothership) because of the excruciatingly chic clientele of the island. Lots of goodies on tap as there are so many big spenders there.

It's brilliant! Now you just have to act surprised when you "accidentally" stumble upon the Hermes boutique! I'm guilty of playing up the qualities of a little French bistro uptown because I wanted my bf to buy me an oil painting that was hanging on the wall and for sale. Not Hermes, but same concept! :sneaky:

^ LOL!!!

Actually, those resorts are less in the summer. The high season (hotels can be double) are in the winter/spring.

I'd do Hawaii but the whole reason we're trying to do a Caribbean thing is the Florida family reunion which we're going to anyway. Since my parents are also going, we can go to that and leave the kids over there with them for a week.

One comment. I took a cruise last year...wasn't that impressed with Grand Cayman anyway. I think there is more to do on the other islands...just a thought...and of course...better shopping!
One more thought...EVERYWHERE IS HOT AND HUMID!!!

St. Barts is amazing! (my very first Hermes experience, but alas I didnt have a clue) We went to St Barts with another couple for my friends 40th bday and loved it. Definate French vibe! Lots of "beautiful people", if you know what I mean! very exciting.

I don't have any suggestions for any other islands, but I don't think it's a low that you chose islands with H on them. You're going to be on vacation for pleasure and going to H just happens to bring you pleasure ;) :tup: And I'm sure your DH will just be glad to get away and relax!