Umm buyer threatening me?

Dec 19, 2007
So I'm not really sure what to do about this buyer, she purchased a designer wallet from me, it is authentic plenty of photos and I did some checking and it was posted by a potential bidder here on TPF and was autehnticated by several of the gals in the forum. Well I stated in the auction free priority shipping, winning bidder sends an email and says she wants it sent by express, sig confirmation and insurance. Well I email her back and say that if she wants it sent express that she will have to pay for the shipping costs, I do not think this is unreasonable, since my auction clearly stated that PRIORITY shipping would be free. I dont mind paying $6 or $7 shipping costs but paying $25 or more is not something I am willing to do.

Well she writes back and says:

Your auction says free shipping, I realize you said free priority but I would feel better if it were express shipping as I would get it overnight. As the seller u should accomodate my requests since I am doing u a service buying your stuff, there are other sellers that I could have spent my money with. Please be classy and comply with my simple request.

Um be classy? She's doing me a service? This just flew all over me, so I wrote back and said "I'm sorry but per my auction terms the free shipping offer was for priority only. If you are not pleased with this method of shipping and do not wish to pay for the cost of express then I can cancel the transaction."

Her response :
I don't know why you are being so unpleasant about this I do not wish to cancel as I want this item. I'm not paying for the express shipping myself though since I bought this with the understandind that it would ship to me free! Please send it priority but do know that if this item is fake I will be filing a lawsuit against you.

WHAT?!!! I won't give her free shipping so now its Fake? I wrote back to her and said "If you have any doubts about the items authenticity then I welcome you to get a second opinion on it before you pay, you can get items authenticated for free on purseblog.com or Know Knock Offs, I will be happy to tell you how to go about it if you truly have doubts."

Her response :

I don't need other people to tell me what I know myself. I am paying tomorow I expect it to be shipped immediately and if there are any issues I will hold u accountable and I will take legal action against you.

She still hasnt paid today, I really don't know what to do, She is trouble and I know it. What do u guys suggest? What could she do if I just cancel the transaction? or just refund her as soon as she pays me?

i'd cancel it.
if i were you, i'd also call ebay and let them know that she basically told you you had to upgrade her to overnight shipping and then when you said no she started threatening you and hinting the item was a fake.

don't send the wallet, it sounds like trouble.

i'd cancel it.
if i were you, i'd also call ebay and let them know that she basically told you you had to upgrade her to overnight shipping and then when you said no she started threatening you and hinting the item was a fake.

don't send the wallet, it sounds like trouble.

Totally agree with above. Get in contact with eBay. This is not reasonable behaviour.

I would politely tell her the item is no longer available. If you go ahead, you're just asking for trouble.

If you explain and forward those emails to ebay, they will remove the inevitable neg that will follow, which is the worst that can happen, and will most likely eventuate even if you do sell to her. I'd avoid any buyer like that, infact please list her user id, and I'll block her now too. GL

Last edited:
I completely agree with the above posters. The buyers sounds like a barrelfull of trouble! I wouldn't ship the wallet, tell her it is no longer available and when she negs you (and you can be pretty sure she will) see if Ebay will remove it based on her previous emails. Even if they don't remove it, wear that neg proudly, knowing you are helping others avoid this crazy buyer. I believe that any Ebayers seeing that neg will be able to figure out who to avoid and it won't be you!

Go with your instincts, run! :nono: Intriguing that she mentioned about holding you accountable for authenticity issues. Is she already thinking of scamming you?

If she left you a neg, reply to the neg with facts like quoting a threatening line from her.

I agree with everyone who has already posted. This buyer sounds like trouble x 1000...contact ebay right away and let them know that the buyer is threatening you. Then cancel the transaction. I think you'd be better served to relist the item.