Um...vachetta holds up better than we think

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Did I spell vachetta right? Sounds like something I had for dinner tonight. Anyhowwww.......it's pouring here in New England and I went out tonight with my new baggy pm and it rained (I can hear the gasps now) all over my bag! I got home expecting to have to wipe down the handles and the water spots that were on the handle were totally gone! Nothing to wipe. I have never treated this bag and the water had no effect on it! Are we too neurotic about these bags? :shrugs:

2. I dropped my petit bucket right in a puddle & you'd never know I did, but still, we pay so much, I don't want to just toss the bags around.

3. if it's just little tiny spots, it won't stain but i spilled cranberry juice on my bag and it left some marks. they are not that noticeable but of course i see them since i am pretty anal about keeping my vachetta clean.

4. I am glad to hear that you baggy was safe!! Did u decide to keep it? I know you were having second thoughts. Anyway, I agree that vachetta is quite durable and resiliant. I have carried my speedy out in the rain many-a-time and once it had dried there were minimal, if any water spots.

5. That's reassuring. I don't own any bags with vachetta, but I want a BH. I'll have to get over my vachetta fears.

6. Yep I am keeping it!!! It's such a fun bag. My kids even love it (because it's blue and it "looks like they made it from someone's pants") :P

7. Yay!! I am glad you are keeping it! I think its such a pretty bag and a nice change from the mono speedy. Congrats!! :yahoo::yahoo:

8. LOL you crack me up! Glad to hear the vachetta is OK! Don't you hate this new england weather??

9. Yes!!!! I had to put my heat on it's so freakin cold out!!!

10. glad the vachetta is doing well! i did notice that too...when i'm out with my mono 35 and it rains i stick it inside my jacket. LOL..

11. I live in Seattle and take my Speedy everywhere and the rain has never left a stain! It's awesome!

12. I think they might have done something to the newer vachetta. I have never treated my Azur and been cought under rain a bunch of times AND NOTHING, not even a tiniest mark, really - on the other hand my 2004 Vernis M.Sq. WAS treated with AG and I was caught under a slight drizzle once last year.I can't never forget that day because I get a reminder every time I look at it! I have also noticed that my newer bags patina muuuuch slower. Anyone else made this observation or I am completely loosing it:>)?

13. Good to hear vachetta is holding up in this strange New England weather. Seems like winter again.

14. Yes it does seem like winter again.

I don't know about the bags taking longer to patina - I am semi new to LV and only own 3 so not much to compare it to. But I will say that it rained all over the strap of my baggy pm and there wasn't ONE stain! I mean...nothing!

15. I am too paranoid to even chance it! I carry a garbage bag in my purse just in case we have sun showers!