Um....trying to shop for my wife (I'm clueless)

Lukas42

Jun 28, 2010
So, I joined this forum because my wife loves nothing more than shopping for purses. I like surprising her with gifts often, and up until recently, Coach was my easy, go-to brand. To make a long story short, my wife and I are expecting our first child, and I thought I would try to find her a Louis Vuitton diaper bag...so I have been looking around, and I don't know which sites to trust. All of them say "Authenticity Guarantee", but I'm really skeptical. The prices are GREAT on a particular site, barbiehandbags.com, (I had prepared myself for the worst) and I've looked at fashionphile, ebay, etc. What do I do? Where do I go? Has anyone had any luck with any of these sites? How do I know if they are really authentic? If the stuff on barbiehandbags.com are for real, I may be buying more than just a diaper bag...Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

barbiehandbags sells fakes. Steer clear of them :tdown: There are literally oodles of websites out there claiming to sell new "authentic" LV at a fraction of the retail prices. Remember if it's too good to be true, it is. Louisvuitton.com is the only website for brand new authentic LV merchandise.

There are several legitimate resellers/consignors of used authentic LV items. Go with the thread pursecrzy linked and unless you buy directly from louisvuitton.com, definitely get any bag authenticated first before you buy using the authentication thread MACSarah linked for you.

What a nice hubby you are!! Good luck!

Thanks! I'd rather invest and KNOW that it's truly genuine, than buy low and come out with, well, a fake. We have a LV in Green Hills in Nashville (30 min. away), I may have to make a trip....lol. Wish me luck! Any suggestions on bags you like? (other than the diaper bag, of course) My wife is 4' 11, and about 95 pounds, so nothing huge and clunky.

First of all congrats on the baby and to your wife on having such a lovely hubby!

any chance you could describe us / post us links to coach bags she has? we could figure out what style suits her best and recommend LV accordingly:smile:.

Thanks! I'd rather invest and KNOW that it's truly genuine, than buy low and come out with, well, a fake. We have a LV in Green Hills in Nashville (30 min. away), I may have to make a trip....lol. Wish me luck! Any suggestions on bags you like? (other than the diaper bag, of course) My wife is 4' 11, and about 95 pounds, so nothing huge and clunky.

The Totally is a cute diaper like bag, or maybe even the Palermo. Or a Neverfull MM/GM! All carried on the shoulder, and large enough to fit anything.

Other nice bags that you can't go wrong with are the Speedy, or the Alma, or the Noé, but these aren't really suitable as diaper bags.

Or....and I would love it the most if it was me - steal her away for a nice lunch in Nashville and then take her to LV and let her try the purses on and choose what she wants most herself...:graucho:

I know, from shopping with my wife, that there are several trends in their shopping.

For example, I know that she likes patterns and huge buckles. Then, she may need a certain color, and then (the most difficult in my opinion) is function.

I would encourage you to do the date, let her look around herself, because even if you have all of the above criteria taken care of, there is always that ONE PURSE that doesn't fit any criteria, but she loves it... LOL

Let her shop with a budget ; )

Good luck tho man! Put your woman first, and your life will be filled with happiness. LOL

If you have an outlet near...Coach is doing a huge fourth of July sale. If you're set on LV-you're looking at $700 minimum on a handbag. Burberry is also doing a sale at the outlets over the fourth.