Ulysse Question

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
For those who have the model w/o the pen loop, where do you put your pen? I love the style for use as a calendar agenda, but would hate to be fishing around in my bag for a pen, and making sure when I transfer to another bag, I remember to take the pen.
Can it be clipped inside vertically along the rings?

Last edited:
i clip mine inside the rings of the notebook. i didn't realize there was a model of the ulysse that had a pen loop?

hermes also sells pens w/ a lobster clasp that can be attached to the metal spine of the notebook like the carmencitas

i clip mine inside the rings of the notebook. i didn't realize there was a model of the ulysse that had a pen loop?

hermes also sells pens w/ a lobster clasp that can be attached to the metal spine of the notebook like the carmencitas

-thanks P&G -Bluefly.com has one, and jemzandjewels has one - I also saw some in the agendas etc reference thread.

oops my bad, they only call it an "agenda cover" Sorry for the mistake...

Last edited:
I have a silver H pencil on a chain, which attaches to the coil. This is the PM Ulysse, and I've attached the chain at the bottom and threaded it through. I can slip it out when I need to use it.

4468713276_8284346f8d.jpg

I have a ziparound Globetrotter and am planning on getting a Ulysse (or two, lol!).

I keep my pens in a piccolo - I'm worried about pen leakage into the agenda. Has anyone had this problem or am I just being paranoid? I wasn't planning on a pen from Hermes. Maybe these are more sturdy, although I heard many tPFers use any thin pen irrespective of where it's from.

How much is the H pen on a chain?

I have a ziparound Globetrotter and am planning on getting a Ulysse (or two, lol!).

I keep my pens in a piccolo - I'm worried about pen leakage into the agenda. Has anyone had this problem or am I just being paranoid? I wasn't planning on a pen from Hermes. Maybe these are more sturdy, although I heard many tPFers use any thin pen irrespective of where it's from.

Both the Hermes diary pens come with a silver cap to cover the end, I have never had a problem with leakages to date. Not too sure of current prices of pen with chain, I have had mine a couple of years and I think it was about £180 (not 100% on that though, the figure just came to mind for some reason). :biggrin: Both the pen and chain are silver.

I always used a thin sort of rollerball pen put through the loops once the Ulysse is closed. I know lots of people who love H pens, but I've never enjoyed writing with them. They don't feel comfortable or luxurious in my hand, and they tend not to feel smooth enough when I'm writing.

I feel the same. Especially as I have large hands, I find it difficult to hold onto the smaller ones as they just arent big enough.

I just have a nice pen that slots down the spine when my ulysse paper pad is closed, although I don't usually store it like that as I keep my books at home the majority of the time anyway.

I always used a thin sort of rollerball pen put through the loops once the Ulysse is closed. I know lots of people who love H pens, but I've never enjoyed writing with them. They don't feel comfortable or luxurious in my hand, and they tend not to feel smooth enough when I'm writing.

Both the Hermes diary pens come with a silver cap to cover the end, I have never had a problem with leakages to date. Not too sure of current prices of pen with chain, I have had mine a couple of years and I think it was about £180 (not 100% on that though, the figure just came to mind for some reason). :biggrin: Both the pen and chain are silver.

Thank you for the reply :flowers: it's a lovely pen, and perfect for the Ulysse.

Thank you :flowers: This was my concern, it's easy to get into the mentality of "only Hermes will do" when many use non-H and H items together. I may look in the H boutique and if it is not comfortable to write with, I will look elsewhere.