Ulysesses PM --- Now what?

chigal08

Nov 30, 2007
Hey TPFrs.....

Ok --- about a month ago I took a teeny baby step in H and purchased a wonderful Ulysseses PM in Curry togo. For a while I kept her in the box all wrapped up and would occasionally visit her. I finally got the nerve to keep her out of the box and would take out for permanent use.

Thing is -- I don't know what to write in it. SHould I use it as a journal, and savor each page of the exquisitite paper, or just use as a regular notebook for jotting down misc random items? I should have thought the utility of getting the UPM, before and maybe purchased something else, but....welll...she was so pretty sitting on the shelf and the curry color is very pretty.

For those who have a UPM, what do you use yours for? I was thinking of getting a Globetrotter soon or an agenda to keep my things organized....

TIA - Jen:P

Jen, I always wanted to keep a journal regularly, but when
I have to do it for classes I dislike having to write everyday when
I'm tired and don't feel like it.

If you love to keep a diary, go for it. :smile:
But using it for random notes, is also a good idea. :smile:

Jen, I always wanted to keep a journal regularly, but when
I have to do it for classes I dislike having to write everyday when
I'm tired and don't feel like it.

If you love to keep a diary, go for it. :smile:
But using it for random notes, is also a good idea. :smile:

Thanks KB.....you're right....should relish using my UPM everyday. Why not, right?:heart:

Usually for misc. stuff....... or if I'm too lazy to bring my binder/notebook to class, I'll use my Ulysesses PM for jotting down notes for the prof.... :P

I used my PM blue jean togo Ulysse for my post-partum weight loss journal! It was a little treat to keep me motivated. Now using it to track fitness, exercise, etc. and random notes.

p.s. I also like to keep them out so I can stare all day long at the bright colours!

Attachments

• R_UlyssePM2.jpg
    R_UlyssePM2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 48
  • R_UlyssePM1.jpg
    R_UlyssePM1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 52
  • R_Ulysses.jpg
    R_Ulysses.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 50
I found that a regular leather diary with a day on each page worked better as a journal, and I have yet to use my PM Ulysses. I DO use the TPM one I got in Lagon for a wish list of accessories I want to get eventually. I keep some Hermes item numbers in there as well as a pretty accurate list of everything Hermes that I own. The total on that one is quite scary.

It also makes a nice note pad to carry in my purse because it isn't a great deal heavier than the large Post-It Note holder.

I used my PM blue jean togo Ulysse for my post-partum weight loss journal! It was a little treat to keep me motivated. Now using it to track fitness, exercise, etc. and random notes.

p.s. I also like to keep them out so I can stare all day long at the bright colours!

That's awesome Piaffe --- great idea!!!:tup: I should use that to track my training for marathons/triathlons. You have two Ulysses?

I got one and used it so much I got 2 more. One is a very general scribble pad, it's also the one I carry in my bag. One is at my desk for note taking when I do imaging and other computer work. The third one isn't getting as much use, but I have it next to my bed and whenever I have a thought or am reading and want to remember something from the book I have something to scribble in.

between you and me, I also love having them around to stick my nose in and taking a deep wiff. :biggrin:

That's awesome Piaffe --- great idea!!!:tup: I should use that to track my training for marathons/triathlons. You have two Ulysses?

Yes - other one is a GM lagon togo, which I use as my daughter's "baby book" (i.e. to record milestones, funny things she does, etc.).

Attachments

• R_UlysseGM1.jpg
    R_UlysseGM1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 46
  • R_UlysseGM2.jpg
    R_UlysseGM2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 37
  • R_UlysseGM3.jpg
    R_UlysseGM3.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 37
  • R_UlysseGMPM.jpg
    R_UlysseGMPM.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 34
  • R_carmencita1.jpg
    R_carmencita1.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 35
I keep mine in my bag and use it to jot down stuff I need to remember...grocery lists, to do lists, billing stuff, teaching ideas, user names to access work info (non-confidential), etc. It's lovely to be able to pull it out for little everyday things that I need to remember.