Ultra Violet or Rouge Cardinal ?

balen.girl

IG : balengirl
O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
Hi Balenciaga lovers.. I am going to buy a new bag tomorrow. Please help me to choose between UV or RC.. At first i want day bag in rouge cardinal with gold hw. But my local store doesnt have it. They only have UV with gold hw. My 2nd option is work in rouge cardinal or UV. My local store have both. So which one do i have to buy ? Day in UV with gold, work rh in rouge cardinal or work rh in UV ? Appreciate your help. Thanks. :smile:

pinksky777

Sofa King Banned
Jun 11, 2013
I'd say go with UV unless you're a die-hard red fan, only because I got sick of my red after a couple of months and I had a Coquelicot which was a true red, as opposed to rouge cardinal which still maintains some pink tone to it.

snowbubble

Sep 5, 2013
I personally would go for Rouge Cardinal, definitely a gorgeous color!
I saw Ultra Violet in real life, for me I preferred Rouge Cardinal over it. I also feel that Rouge Cardinal although it is a bright red, It'll pretty much go with most outfits since it is a primary color.

With UV, in real life it seemed very fuchsia and pinkish; kinda a difficult color to match; if you want purple I would wait for a deeper purple which (in my opinion) will go with much more outfits. But if you like purple/fuchsia and the pop of color UV gives (don't get me wrong it is also a very beautiful color), then go for UV. I however agree with other posters that UV looks better in pictures, but it didn't catch my interest in real life.

Both beautiful but between the two I personally would go for the Rouge Cardinal.
Here is a youtube video of RC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NvjZ_Pj3t0
and this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/my-quickie-reveal-846733.html :drool:
Good luck deciding!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

RedClover

Nov 22, 2013
I feel that although UV with gold hardware is pretty, it can be bold and difficult to pair with clothes. UV with rh is very easy to match and it is more interesting than the usual black. So my choice will be UV work. Let us know your decision. Enjoy your shopping! :smile:

pinksky777

Sofa King Banned
Jun 11, 2013
I feel that although UV with gold hardware is pretty, it can be bold and difficult to pair with clothes. UV with rh is very easy to match and it is more interesting than the usual black. So my choice will be UV work. Let us know your decision. Enjoy your shopping! :smile:
Totally agree. I went a little back and forth with the hardware, but I finally decided I wanted the UV colour to speak for itself and not look too busy.