Ukita and Natasha - similar or not?

a_coachlover

Jul 26, 2011
For my Christmas present I got a indigo lil ukita. I also have my eye on the Natasha as I have a 4 month old and need something crossbody as well. Anyone think these bags are too similar? And if I should get both what color?? :smile:

lvh75

O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
I think they're very similar, my first MBMJ bag was a black Natasha which I still have, and I love it. I got a lil Ukita about 3-4 months ago and I really love that bag as well. They both hold about the same amount, the Ukita holds slightly more I think. The main differences for me are that the Ukita has the extra option of holding it with the shorter strap, which is convenient for me when I just need to grab my bag from car or from below somewhere (underneath stroller, from a chair, etc.) so I don't have to pull it up with a long crossbody strap. Kind of a weird reason, but that's what I like about it as opposed to the Natasha which has only a crossbody strap. What is great about the Natasha is the zippered compartment, which is very convenient and handy for sticking your wallet in or other things that you want stored securely. Plus I love the style of it, looks slouchy and I like the pleats at the bottom of the bag, they add a feminine, casual-chic touch imo.
As far as color, since you already have an indigo colored bag, what about a bright color? I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices, I love the color palettes MJ bags come in. I really like the 'Cement' color, which is a light beigey grey color, it goes great with almost anything in your wardrobe and I love that it would work great in the spring/summer months as well since it is a lighter neutral. HTH!

pookybear

Dec 10, 2011
los angeles, ca
I think they're very similar, my first MBMJ bag was a black Natasha which I still have, and I love it. I got a lil Ukita about 3-4 months ago and I really love that bag as well. They both hold about the same amount, the Ukita holds slightly more I think. The main differences for me are that the Ukita has the extra option of holding it with the shorter strap, which is convenient for me when I just need to grab my bag from car or from below somewhere (underneath stroller, from a chair, etc.) so I don't have to pull it up with a long crossbody strap. Kind of a weird reason, but that's what I like about it as opposed to the Natasha which has only a crossbody strap. What is great about the Natasha is the zippered compartment, which is very convenient and handy for sticking your wallet in or other things that you want stored securely. Plus I love the style of it, looks slouchy and I like the pleats at the bottom of the bag, they add a feminine, casual-chic touch imo.
As far as color, since you already have an indigo colored bag, what about a bright color? I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices, I love the color palettes MJ bags come in. I really like the 'Cement' color, which is a light beigey grey color, it goes great with almost anything in your wardrobe and I love that it would work great in the spring/summer months as well since it is a lighter neutral. HTH!

^ditto... I love the nifty hidden zippered pocket! It's very unexpected and surprising for those who are not familiar with the MBMJ line, my friends always marvel over how much deeper the pocket is than it initially looks. I've been eyeing a Ukita recently too (in faded aluminum), it seems very versatile because it has both the should strap and the handle. The pebbled leather on both bags is lovely. I guess it really depends on what kind of environment you're using the bag mostly... the Ukita has a more professional look while the Natasha is more fun (I mostly mine during outings or while traveling)

Alwaystrendy

Aug 20, 2011
I too think they are really similar though I prefer the Ukita as it has two handle options. If you had to go for the Natasha perhaps chianti or faded aluminum would not be a bad idea. Do you know if the classic Ukita is available in indigo as I prefer a bigger size?