UK Sellers - Items listed on Ebay.co.uk NOT appearing on ebay.com?

They are so frustrating these days. I wasn't aware that the uk auctions don't show automatically in the USA!

I have had so many problems with a recent listing. First they wouldn't let me list my item outside of the UK. Not in USA not in Europe...nothing but UK.

Their reason? Non verified pay pal account.

My Pay Pal account has been verified for ages!

I emailed and emailed and I kept getting these stock answers with the steps to verify my pay pal account!

They don't even bother to read what you write in your emails. So my auction ended before I had a chance to sort out the problem. The problem is finally sorted out and have listed for the THIRD time, and now I hear the buyers in the USA can't even see it?

Brilliant!

I hear you, Roz. What a nightmare they are becoming!
:cursing:

IDK when they changed it so the US account holders now have to click on the worldwide box to see the international listings. It must have been in the last two weeks. Seeing as an item I bought around march 10th from the UK showed up on the US site.

IDK when they changed it so the US account holders now have to click on the worldwide box to see the international listings. It must have been in the last two weeks. Seeing as an item I bought around march 10th from the UK showed up on the US site.
I think it's longer than that as someone told me they hadnt seen my listings for months now, they thought I had stopped selling.

They are so frustrating these days. I wasn't aware that the uk auctions don't show automatically in the USA!

I have had so many problems with a recent listing. First they wouldn't let me list my item outside of the UK. Not in USA not in Europe...nothing but UK.

Their reason? Non verified pay pal account.

My Pay Pal account has been verified for ages!

I emailed and emailed and I kept getting these stock answers with the steps to verify my pay pal account!

They don't even bother to read what you write in your emails. So my auction ended before I had a chance to sort out the problem. The problem is finally sorted out and have listed for the THIRD time, and now I hear the buyers in the USA can't even see it?

Brilliant!

I hear you, Roz. What a nightmare they are becoming!
:cursing:
All those problems & many more Siri Anne!
US buyers can only see if they hit the worldwide button, many dont know to do that

I don't understand, why don't u just go and list items on ebay.com?
Most UK sellers cannot do that I think as they need zip code in the US. I can do it because I first registered on .com but it is so difficult to price with the fluctuation in the dollar.
Also my ebay shop in .co.uk & I would need to be paying double fees to list USA as well. Ebay fees are bad enough without paying double.

Tell me about it - it's crap. Ebay is crap full stop these days, it's just not worth the hastle. I've been trying to sell my Chloe Silverado for over a month now and every single listing has failed - two couldn't be found in the search or site listings and ebay couldn't tell me if they would or not - lost three days on each auction. I was basically told that the only way to guarantee it would appear was by using a scheduled listing. Then someone bought it and claimed they didn't mean to click on buy it now and backed out, then it was 'bought' by a TKO. So I'm now listing it for the 5th time. Live help are a joke - it took them an hour to solve a simple problem last week. I tried listing on ebay.com last week and for some reason I couldn't - I think it something to do with location but I can't remember. All I know is that ebay is more hastle than it's worth at the moment. They are going to have to do some serious work on making it a better trading environment, because right now it seems to benefit the crooks and fakers more than it does legitimate sellers.

Grrr can you tell I'm hacked off with it? :biggrin:
YIP we are all hacked off with it!
ebay.com charge an extra fee for a 10 day listing & they don't list immediately so much for value for money or better words would be honesty on the part of ebay in giving their members proper value for money!

I hadn't seen this thread & opened a similar one. The situation is dreadful they have effectively cut off 80-90% of my buyers.
I always click ship worldwide but it hasnt helped!

Absolutely they are a joke saying that they have cleaned up the site it is still crawling with those counterfeit monsters!

So sorry to hear of this Roz. I agree, it stinks.

Regards the fakers, there are pages and pages of blatant and, in some cases, outright comical counterfeit bags - all claiming "100% Authenticity". Some get taken off, but most do not. Meanwhile, some of our own PFers have had their listings pulled with accusations of fake bags!

It really does seem that Ebay are trying to enable the counterfeiters, whilst doing everything in their power to obstruct the few genuine, honest and helpful sellers like your good self. :cursing:

I can see the end in sight for Ebay. Or, it will become like some of our shoddy markets in the UK. They used to be fun places to visit on a Sunday, where you could pick up a few nice little items for a bargain. Now, they are full of stalls selling copies of everything, from watches, perfume, sportswear to 'Calvin Klein' underwear. Nasty tat. :yucky:

Well, if they say they are doing it because of volume of items, how come I get US listings when I run a search on Ebay.co.uk???

Sounds like a load of b*****it to me. Think about it. To a US seller, not having access to the UK is not that much of a loss (numbers of potential buyers-wise). But to the UK sellers, their pool is much smaller if limited to UK only. Sounds to me like they have thought of another way to get Sellers to pay more money - to get access to .co AND .com i.e. get the UK suckers to pay extra for the privilege!

I am not a Seller, but this makes me so angry for some of the lovely Sellers here on tPF :cursing:

Well, if they say they are doing it because of volume of items, how come I get US listings when I run a search on Ebay.co.uk???

Sounds like a load of b*****it to me. Think about it. To a US seller, not having access to the UK is not that much of a loss (numbers of potential buyers-wise). But to the UK sellers, their pool is much smaller if limited to UK only. Sounds to me like they have thought of another way to get Sellers to pay more money - to get access to .co AND .com i.e. get the UK suckers to pay extra for the privilege!

I am not a Seller, but this makes me so angry for some of the lovely Sellers here on tPF :cursing:
Exactly all the US listings are showing up on .co.uk but not vice versa. I think it is just a way of extorting more money, they have become really vicious!