UK Royal Mail Airsure - shipped to Michigan on 11/30. No updates yet! :(

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
I purchased something from Ebay and the seller shipped it on 11/30 using Royal Mail Airsure (I believe it's somewhat equivalent to USPS Priority Mail or if not, its a basic upgrade from Airmail but cheaper than Express). Based on the website, I'm suppose to get trackable information at a few tracking points (and Delivery Confirmation) - but not detailed as like Express service or anything.

It's been a while and all I got was...these 2 bits of info.

From Royal Mail site:
Your item, posted on 30/11/10 with reference xxxxx has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

From USPS.com
Label/Receipt Number: xxxxxx
Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Anyone experiencing delays from UK - US? I'm really desperate! The package is my DH's gift!

UGH!

Airsure® is generally a day faster than standard Airmail. Which means the aim is:
* 2 working days after posting to Western Europe
* 4 working days after posting to Eastern Europe and postal subsidiaries (Islands and Principalities)
* 6 working days after posting to the rest of the world

Where is it, it's been 11 working days???????? Please please arrive before December 22!!!! :sad: *cry*

The post has been all over the place here recently due to the arctic blast and accompanying snow we've had pretty much everywhere.
I ordered something from ebay and it took about 3 weeks to arrive, and that's from within the UK :sad:
I hope you get some more information soon!

OP I am facing the same delays with purchases I have made and wait them from UK and US (to Greece). Except they are already late, the tracking info is not updated, neither at uk royal's mail page, nor at the usps tracking page. Same thing happens with greece's post track and trace page.
I feel for you, I am experiencing the same situation!

Thank you for your insights Victoria. That was a LONG wait for you! Thanks to you too Ginaki!

Does anyone know if I can track the item via the customs label number? Do UK packages have that on them? Will my seller have access to it?

I hope I get it, hubby's been wanting this particular gift for a while and I was able to find + win it at a GREAT price from a UK seller.

Woe is me, I should've shipped the item to Shanghai where I am rather than the US (friend's address). She's leaving the US on the 23rd so I hope hope hope it arrives before then!

Sigh. Fingers crossed!

From what I remember from shipping outside Europe, the customs "form" is just a little sticker that goes on the box with a declared value and a signature. You don't get a carbon copy of anything.
There will have been another label on the top of the box which will have had the reference number on, but your seller will only get the same information you've been getting.
FWIW online tracking has always been pretty useless when I've used it, it never gets updated until after it's been delivered - so what's the point of that?

This is from ebay UK

***Postal delays to US expected due to stricter screening of packages ***

26 November, 2010 | 09:56AM GMT

Following a recent incident with an improvised explosive device on a US bound aircraft, all packages to the US will be subject to stricter screening by US authorities. This could lead to delays in your items being delivered to customers in the US.

If you sell to the US, you should:

Amend your listing description to point out that delivery may be delayed for the above reason
When a sale is made, manage your customer’s expectations by reminding them about why delivery may be delayed
Contact your delivery company (eg Royal Mail service) to obtain up-to-date information on delivery services to the US
Regards
The eBay Team

I wouldn't worry mail takes much longer during Nov/Dec.

I agree with the stricter screening process. I sell a lot of my bags etc via. eBay to US and unfortunately it always takes about three weeks to past customs no matter how much extra you pay on P&P! Hope it gets to you soon.

We've have absolutely horrible weather in Michigan over the last week - even packages coming from/going to neighboring states have taken quite a bit longer than they normally do; while most of the main roads are passable, a lot of the side streets are difficult to drive on.

Delivered in MI! Woo hoo!

Now I meet my friend on the 25th, hopefully the item is as good as I expected it to be!

Thanks for all the support.

Shipping time on this one, 18 days.