UK online ordering problem.

MCF

Jun 26, 2011
California
Hi Everyone

I just tried to purchase something off of the LV UK site and it keeps saying card authorization failed. I have enough funds in my account so I don't know what is going on. I am paying with a debit card if that matters. I have used this card to purchase from the LV website late last year. I noticed "bank transfer" is an option for paying. What exactly is that? I have to rush off to work now so I can't fully explore my options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kathleen37

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
Ireland
Contact your bank. Could be your bank has blocked the transaction due to unexpected/suspicious use. Quite common in the banking world. Phone them and they'll unlock your card.
Would be quicker than setting up a bank transfer, though it's not difficult to do if you use online banking...

MCF

Jun 26, 2011
California
I haven't called the bank to see if they're blocking my card (I was able to use it with no problem later in the day after I tried to do my LV purchase) yet. I'm now trying to do a bank transfer but my bank is asking me details that LV did not provide for me in their email. My bank is asking the address to LV's bank and LV's address. Now I think I should cancel my bank transfer order because I can't seem to even set up the darn thing but I don't know how to do that.