UK Jeweller Engagement ring help..

Hello,

I hope someone has some good suggestions for me! I need help with an engagement ring. We have spent ages trawling shops websites etc looking at rings, so much so the novelty is wearing thin! who knew engagement ring choosing was such a mine field?!!

All I need to do is find one I like....which finally I have, I saw it in DeBeers but I would prefer to have it remade for me, with a little change to make it uniquely mine.

Does anyone know of a good jeweller in the UK either nationwide or in the South West that could do this? my mind is boggling trying to find that one person who won't try and over charge but will still do a lovely job!

Am I asking too much?!!! :P

Thanks in advance x

Attachments

• DEB Ring.jpg
    DEB Ring.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 399
Hiya,

I live in the UK and got my engagement ring from 77diamonds.com

They also set it for me but I wasn't happy with this bit. So I would recommend buying the stone from them and getting it set by Lional Griffin in Hatton Garden.

Lionel J Wiffen Ltd. 88/90 Hatton Garden London EC1N 8PN. T: 020 7242 4861

He didn't re-set my ring (77 diamonds fixed it for me) but he did shape it so it would sit flush with my wedding ring and did a fab job. Hope this helps

x

Mine was from a shop in Hatton Garden also. If I recall correctly, they were called something like Jade Jewellers but there are hundreds of them there. I didn't want anything elaborate so we picked the stone and a very simple setting and it was ready the next day.

Dr. Indira Marchant sells Infinity Diamonds, which are amazingly lovely. I don't have any contact info as I am not in UK but I thought I'd mention that.

Infinity Diamonds are VERY nice stones. They are a bit pricier than others, because they are a brand, and they ONLY do cutting of rounds and princesses. But they are really amazing. I know the cutter, Paul Slegers, fairly well as i have met him at a few diamond events. He's a fascinating guy. They hand select their jewelers, and they only have a few in the world that they allow to sell their stones.

What is kind of cool is that they take a photo of the rough diamond before they cut it, like a birth certificate. It's really kind of a clever thing :smile: