Tech UK iPhone network dilemma

Which UK mobile phone network should I choose?

• Vodafone

• Other (please give details in the comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 24, 2005
Hi guys,

Hopefully the title was clear, but just in case - I'm in the market for an iPhone 4, and I'm getting completely bogged down trying to work out which network to pick - coverage vs reliability vs cost vs value for money..............I'm tearing my hair out.

Now, some may say to stick with the network I'm on, which would be fine except I'm a Virgin PAYG customer, and Virgin is the only UK network which doesn't offer the iPhone in any way, shape or form.

So I've been researching, and in terms of upfront cost and value for money ie what you're getting for the monthly charge in terms of minutes, texts and data) the best from that perspective are Vodafone and 3. My problem is that I don't know anyone on either of those networks, and I've never used them myself, so I have no idea how they are in terms of signal coverage, customer service etc.

I'm (hopefully) including a poll, so if anyone from the UK (or anywhere really) could vote and let me know what you think is the better pick soley based on network (not cost) I would be incredibly appreciative. I'll put an option for 'other' too, so please also feel free to tell me what other network(s) you would recommend in the comments.

I will say that Orange is essentially out - for the price I'm looking at (£30/mth) you get almost nothing compared to the rest of the networks.

Anyway I'll shut up, and thank you in advance to anyone who answers.

Thanks!

^^ I only know 2 peeps with iPhones, and I've already asked everyone I know without too. I've researched the cost aspects for every network in several price bands. I just need some opinions on the networks themselves.

But thank you for responding.

I think you need to stop people in the areas where you hang out who you see with an iPhone in their hands and ask them. The reason is, I hang out on some Mac-oriented boards, and inevitably there's a Vodafone-3-O2 debate, where the general posting is, "X is great, Y sucks!" where the identity of X and Y keep changing. So, I would start asking random strangers in the area of your house and work!

^^Yeah, that's what I've been finding :Push:. O2 customers say it sucks, go to Orange, Orange customers say it sucks, go to T-Mobile, etc etc. The only thing I've been able to establish is that all the networks are crummy.

But that's a good idea - I might have to give it a shot.