UK H lovers

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anyone managed to get a birkin from Manchester H? My friend has been on a wait list for 2 years and I just want to know if it is normal.:confused1:.

2. I wish I could help you I'm so sorry I don't know....

3. I have seen the very occasional one in store. I always post in the inventory thread if I see one.
    Never managed to get one there though. :sad:
    Has your friend ordered something unusual or is it a "standard" colour/ skin? (I know H has no "norm", but hope you know what I mean!).

4. I haven't managed to buy one in Manchester either and I have never seen one on the shelf either.

5. standard color

6. Is it a standard leather, like togo, clemence etc?

7. Has your friend called and checked on the status?

8. yes but they r not sure whether it has gone through or not ....like in a limbo

After seeing all this post looks like no one has got their birkin from manchester ...

9. yes standard leather togo/clemence

10. I don't think there are that many UK tPFers in the North so may be tricky to get a fair idea

11. ^^ I have a feeling that what you meant by 'wait list' is leaving your name to one of the SA and the SA would call you if there is a Birkin available for sale. Well if that is the case, it is unlikely that you friend would ever get a call unless he or she visits the store regularly to see if there's order cancellations, etc. I am guessing this because my friend has the same problem. She said she's been on the wait list for 3 years for a very normal Birkin bag.....

12. Manchester is my "local" store, and the only Birkin I have ever seen on the shelves was a travel Birkin that they had for some time a while ago.

They have a few Kellys in at the moment, but never seen a Birkin on the shelves, like I have in London. Although Manchester is, as far as I'm aware, the smallest store in the UK, so I would guess they have a proportionately smaller inventory than say Sloane St. :yes:

13. I have seen a couple on the shelves - most recently a saffron croc 30 PHW about a week or so before Xmas and a vert fonce 35 PHW about 2 weeks before xmas. They are pretty few and far between though and I always make a point of posting in the inventory thread as I know how rare such sightings are. I have seen 4 that I can think of off hand in the last year, but I do go past every day.

Unfortunately loveclemence, this seems to be the general consensus with the Manchester store. I have never had a call from them. I eventually went elsewhere. I have even since seen Kellys with the full specs I requested on the shelf and still never had the call. This was despite a) going through the full order process - leatherbook and all and b) they know me well as I am forever in there!!

Luckily I found what I wanted in other stores and my need for my Kelly order has been overtaken. As far as I know though, I am still "on the list"!

14. looks like i will also have to look elsewhere for my bikin ...no guarantee i will get mine here as well .What is the point in buying anything else then??

15. ^^ Uma sometimes buying anything else would help you getting a birkin or kelly or other unusual bags on the spot when you visit the store. In my experience, it will not guarantee you getting a phone call from them when your order has arrived. Again, this might not apply all the time to all individuals.