UK girls! You CAN RENT LOUBIES!!

Haha, i heard about this on the radio yesterday morning! So funny this has happened because my DF said to me ages ago why dont Aeross and i start up a shoe rental business.

Aeross, are you behind this website?!!! :thinking:

On a serious note (!) I personally dont think i would want to rent any. I dont even wear my own!!! Besides, if i did rent any, i wouldnt want to give them back!!!!!! Fun idea though.

ITA! In theory, a great idea. In practice, kind of gross! I hate anybody's feet but my own so I'm not sure I can get down with this idea. :P

I know they say they clean the shoes...but this kind of freaks me out a little bit since they could have been worn by many people before you borrow them.

^^ yeah I was looking for Mads for my show in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/can-you-rent-cls-554329.html

As much as I love them, I wouldn't be able to wear them to work or anything else, but I really wanted them for the show. That's when the thought of renting came to mind. I'm actually surprised there isn't a place here in the U.S. yet. Although I think if renting CL's were possible here, it would cause a frenzy! hehe..

I sorta think it's a lot of money to put out and own nothing at the end of the day.

It's like Rent the Runway...in theory it's a great idea because I have a closet of dresses that have been worn once and never again. At the same time, it is $250 for a HL. I know that the standard fee is 10% for RTR is 10%, but these shoes look closer to 20%. I can't help to think that 5 rents I could have a pair of shoes that I would actually own and could resell if I got sick of.

I guess this would be nice for that one special occasion where you didn't want to have to buy then resell shoes, but I agree, the though of wearing shoes that someone else has worn is a tad gross...Maybe they could disinfect?

A lot of celebrities do this with the clothes that they wear for special occasions; the jewelry, dresses, shoes are all on lend from designers. Granted, the stuff is new and no one really wears them after, but the idea is the same.

Then again, I haven't tried handbag rentals either...Would much rather have my own hehe! (Especially for the prices!)