UK eBay BIN with immediate payment only available for PayPal premium or

business account with eBay??? WTF??? When did they change to that? Now my BIN items don't require immediate payment. So annoying!

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

Just had a quick look and found this but it is over a year old so not sure it's new - when did you last list anything?

A Paypal Premier account, amongst other things, just means you accept credit card payments which I would suspect most sellers need to be able to do.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

Just had a quick look and found this but it is over a year old so not sure it's new - when did you last list anything?

A Paypal Premier account, amongst other things, just means you accept credit card payments which I would suspect most sellers need to be able to do.

I haven't listed BIN for a long time. Just auction style.

I thought most people are but when I listed some BIN items, I can't find the option to make it "immediate payment".

A desk top PC.

So a browser then. It's not moved at all in that case.

Under SELECT HOW YOU'LL BE PAID, you enter your email address for your PP account and then there's a tick box underneath for "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy it now."

Is your PP account a Premier or Personal account? Just sign into PP and then underneath where your name is displayed it says "Account type: ........"

Just another thought - are you using the QUICK listing tool (which I loathe) or the ADVANCED listing tool? A lot of "stuff" seems to be hidden with the QUICK listing tool so I always select the ADVANCED option as everything is then where I know it should be!

So a browser then. It's not moved at all in that case.

Under SELECT HOW YOU'LL BE PAID, you enter your email address for your PP account and then there's a tick box underneath for "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy it now."

Is your PP account a Premier or Personal account? Just sign into PP and then underneath where your name is displayed it says "Account type: ........"

Just another thought - are you using the QUICK listing tool (which I loathe) or the ADVANCED listing tool? A lot of "stuff" seems to be hidden with the QUICK listing tool so I always select the ADVANCED option as everything is then where I know it should be!

Thanks for your help! I ticked that option before and it was ticked when I first listed them on Sunday. Then one of my items got sold but without immediate payment and the listing ended, so I checked all my listing again and cannot see the option. Now I tried to revise but couldn't see the option at all. Hence I did search and found the link you sent before I started this thread.

I will try again later.

The full circle has been completed. My PP account is personal so I can't have BIN with immediate payment. My OP complaint is valid! They changed this a year ago also. Now I can't have this feature enabled. They really want to kill off the small sellers!

The full circle has been completed. My PP account is personal so I can't have BIN with immediate payment. My OP complaint is valid! They changed this a year ago also. Now I can't have this feature enabled. They really want to kill off the small sellers!

I don't know how this works so this is a question more than anything else .... I thought all sellers had to accept any form of PP payment? How do you know whether your buyers intend to fund their purchase with PP balance/bank account (ok when you have a personal account) or any form of card (for which you would need a premier account)? I didn't think ebay allowed you to "refuse" card payments via PP.

I don't know how this works so this is a question more than anything else .... I thought all sellers had to accept any form of PP payment? How do you know whether your buyers intend to fund their purchase with PP balance/bank account (ok when you have a personal account) or any form of card (for which you would need a premier account)? I didn't think ebay allowed you to "refuse" card payments via PP.

I accept PayPal payments all the time on eBay. No problems. Personal PP account allows you to do this. I have received thousands of £ on eBay. No issues whatsoever.

They are trying to get you to upgrade to the PP premium or eBay business account. My PP account serves me just fine and I have absolutely no need to upgrade until now.

Understand you don't want an ebay business account but does the difference between Personal Paypal and Premier Paypal make any difference?

This is what I found re the accounts:
Important: If you offer PayPal as a payment option on eBay (either using logos or text in the item description) you must accept all forms of PayPal payment including account balance, bank account transfer, and credit cards. You must have a Premier or Business PayPal account - or be willing to upgrade from a Personal PayPal account to a Premier or Business account - if you receive a credit card payment. You may not communicate to eBay buyers that you will only accept specific forms of PayPal payment (see PayPal Payments Policy).

If you've received thousands through a Personal account then I think you've been very lucky that no one has ever tried to make a card payment to you. I would have thought card payments were way more common than using a PP balance or bank transfer because of the added protection they give buyers. Is it worth upgrading to be able to use the "instant payment" option?

Understand you don't want an ebay business account but does the difference between Personal Paypal and Premier Paypal make any difference?

This is what I found re the accounts:
Important: If you offer PayPal as a payment option on eBay (either using logos or text in the item description) you must accept all forms of PayPal payment including account balance, bank account transfer, and credit cards. You must have a Premier or Business PayPal account - or be willing to upgrade from a Personal PayPal account to a Premier or Business account - if you receive a credit card payment. You may not communicate to eBay buyers that you will only accept specific forms of PayPal payment (see PayPal Payments Policy).

If you've received thousands through a Personal account then I think you've been very lucky that no one has ever tried to make a card payment to you. I would have thought card payments were way more common than using a PP balance or bank transfer because of the added protection they give buyers. Is it worth upgrading to be able to use the "instant payment" option?

I don't know because my PP account has been set up for years, back when they first started it. I never had any issues with it and I believe many of my buyers used CC to fund their payment.

I don't know because my PP account has been set up for years, back when they first started it. I never had any issues with it and I believe many of my buyers used CC to fund their payment.

I remember receiving my first CC payment many years back and being forced to upgrade my account from Personal to Premier in order to accept the payment. The buyer was able to make payment as normal but I then had to accept the account upgrade in order to actually receive the payment. I recall it as I had to ring PP to find out what the issue with the payment was. So it's been Premier ever since.