UK Chanel HEATHROW Info - Prices and Stock

You can book a personal shopper on the Heathrow airport website. Ask the shopper to send you the photos of any minis the day before you fly. If you like one then they can hold it for 24 hours for you.

Note to book a personal shopper there is a min. spend required. But if you buy something from Chanel you'll easily meet it.
Thank you l am playing to buy quit few items so that's no problem

Ladies, keep the photos and intel coming -- such amazing eye candy!

I've read through a lot of this thread but can't find the answer --
I'm flying from the US --> LHR (6hour layover) --> Croatia (which is in the EU), then returning home, I have 2.5hour layover in LHR before heading back to the US. I want to maximize the 6h layover-- is it possible to pay the full price (with VAT) during my initial layover, get the paperwork/receipts, and then on the way back, submit my paperwork to be stamped and mailed?

If not, is 2.5hours (probably really 2hours once your deboard the plane) enough time to use a personal shopper to get me to T3 or 5?

Last question is do they actually look at your boarding pass to see where you're going? Only reason I ask is that I actually called Hermes and Valentino in Heathrow and they both said you automatically get the VAT free price.

TIA!

I'm flying from the US --> LHR (6hour layover) --> Croatia (which is in the EU), then returning home, I have 2.5hour layover in LHR before heading back to the US. I want to maximize the 6h layover-- is it possible to pay the full price (with VAT) during my initial layover, get the paperwork/receipts, and then on the way back, submit my paperwork to be stamped and mailed?

If not, is 2.5hours (probably really 2hours once your deboard the plane) enough time to use a personal shopper to get me to T3 or 5?

Last question is do they actually look at your boarding pass to see where you're going? Only reason I ask is that I actually called Hermes and Valentino in Heathrow and they both said you automatically get the VAT free price.

I've not ever shopped on arrival at an airport so I don't know if you can do what you are suggesting during that 6 hour layover. I'm sure there are some much more experienced LHR shoppers who might know the answer.

Regarding boarding passes, I've always been asked to present my boarding pass at every airport that I've shopped at including LHR. Once, I'd left it with the DH by accident and they made me go back and retrieve it before ringing up a purchase. I would not count on any particular SA not asking to see it since they have so many travelers and need to differentiate between those traveling within the EU and those leaving the EU.

Regarding time to get to T3 or T5, I don't think 2 hours is enough time but it will depend on what time you are actually arriving at the airport. Are you arriving at 6 am when the whole airport is basically rather empty or 12 noon when it is very crowded? The Heathrow personal shopper guidelines recommend that you have 3 - 3.5 hours to make your way between terminals and be able to get back for your flight. They asked me to provide specific airlines and flight numbers to them in advance. Still, I think the personal shoppers could help you out. It's their job to help you shop after all lol! I would contact them and see what they suggest given your time constraints. Good luck!

TIA!

I asked a sales associate at heathrow Chanel if u could purchase an item full price (with VAT) and then file for a vat refund on ur return trip and was told yes you can do this although I never tried it myself. They definitely checked where I was flying to determine what price to charge me (with or without VAT). I was flying from the US with layover at Heathrow and then to Paris. I saw items I wanted to purchase but didn't want to pay the full price with VAT but by the time I had my layover in heathrow on the way back to the US the items were already out of stock (only 2-3 days later [emoji30]). I was pretty disappointed and that's when I asked the sales associate whether it was possible to pay the full price with VAT and apply for refund later to which she said it shouldn't be a problem. Next time I will try to do this especially if I see an item that has the risk of selling out. Just to be safe, I would double check with the sales associate to make sure they can help u file paperwork for vat refund in case anything has changed since I was there or if I was misinformed.

Regarding the amount of time needed to shop if U need to transfer terminals, I would say that 2-2.5 hours is probably not enough time. Once u disembark from the plane u have to transfer to terminal 3 or 5 where chanel is. Waiting for and boarding and riding the bus took about 15 min for me. Then when u reach terminal 3 or 5 u have to go through airport security which will really vary depending on how busy it is. It has taken me from 10 min to 45 min but this was with fast track security with my fiancé cuz of his airline status. The regular security line can take much longer. Then u have to factor in how much time u want to spend at chanel, the bus ride back, and also going thru airport security a second time from the terminal u r flying out of (if this is different from terminal 3 or 5).
I would say ur rate limiting step would be the two security lines.

I think given ur situation with a 6 hour layover at heathrow on the way to Croatia, I would try to shop then if u can claim VAT refund back later. The 2-2.5 hour layover on the way back might not give u enough time to shop unless u happen to already be flying out of terminal 3 or 5 where chanel is.

Last edited:
I asked a sales associate at heathrow Chanel if u could purchase an item full price (with VAT) and then file for a vat refund on ur return trip and was told yes you can do this although I never tried it myself. They definitely checked where I was flying to determine what price to charge me (with or without VAT). I was flying from the US with layover at Heathrow and then to Paris. I saw items I wanted to purchase but didn't want to pay the full price with VAT but by the time I had my layover in heathrow on the way back to the US the items were already out of stock (only 2-3 days later [emoji30]). I was pretty disappointed and that's when I asked the sales associate whether it was possible to pay the full price with VAT and apply for refund later to which she said it shouldn't be a problem. Next time I will try to do this especially if I see an item that has the risk of selling out. Just to be safe, I would double check with the sales associate to make sure they can help u file paperwork for vat refund in case anything has changed since I was there or if I was misinformed.

Regarding the amount of time needed to shop if U need to transfer terminals, I would say that 2-2.5 hours is probably not enough time. Once u disembark from the plane u have to transfer to terminal 3 or 5 where chanel is. Waiting for and boarding and riding the bus took about 15 min for me. Then when u reach terminal 3 or 5 u have to go through airport security which will really vary depending on how busy it is. It has taken me from 10 min to 45 min but this was with fast track security with my fiancé cuz of his airline status. The regular security line can take much longer. Then u have to factor in how much time u want to spend at chanel, the bus ride back, and also going thru airport security a second time from the terminal u r flying out of (if this is different from terminal 3 or 5).
I would say ur rate limiting step would be the two security lines.

I think given ur situation with a 6 hour layover at heathrow on the way to Croatia, I would try to shop then if u can claim VAT refund back later. The 2-2.5 hour layover on the way back might not give u enough time to shop unless u happen to already be flying out of terminal 3 or 5 where chanel is.
Hi unfortunately Chanel boutique is super busy and bags sell really fast there Have you seen any minis rectangular or square on your trip ?

The last time I shopped at LHR Chanel on arrival was a year ago. The process would be like purchasing in any EU Chanel boutiques outside the airport (you can choose VAT return to your credit card or VAT refund at airport counter).

The VAT refund value would be not be as substantial as the discount represented by the airport prices. It's much better bang for your buck shopping at LHR on departure. I want to say it's a substantial difference of 3-5% (sorry don't quote me on that, best to have someone on the ground to report on airport price vs. full retail less 9%). I bit the bullet because I didn't want to take the risk of the two-toned slingbacks not being available when I returned from Inverness.

For me, buying in Europe period was already a massive saving so it was a worth-it trade-off for me for an extremely hard to find item. If it's an item like a mini flap I would pull the trigger regardless of on arrival or on departure.

If you're flying international out of T3 or T5, you'd be at the right terminal already so you might make it if you only have one shop to hit up.

Reactions: obsessedwhermes

TIA!

US - LHR

There is no boutique at arrivals and you can not physically get from arrival to departure lounge.

LHR - Croatia

Within EU, basically everything has a tag, it has EU price and a non EU price. I don't think you can claim it later.

Yes, they check the boarding pass for anything you buy at duty free shops at Heathrow. That's the first question they ask at the check out.

To sum it all, On your way back is the best chance to buy! 2.5 is more than enough. You need to use a personal shopping take you between terminals.

Reactions: youngster

TIA!

US - LHR

There is no boutique at arrivals and you can not physically get from arrival to departure lounge.

LHR - Croatia

Within EU, basically everything has a tag, it has EU price and a non EU price. I don't think you can claim it later.

Yes, they check the boarding pass for anything you buy at duty free shops at Heathrow. That's the first question they ask at the check out.

To sum it all, On your way back is the best chance to buy! 2.5 is more than enough. You need to use a personal shopping take you between terminals.

TIA!

Welcome to my country Croatia :smile:

Hi unfortunately Chanel boutique is super busy and bags sell really fast there Have you seen any minis rectangular or square on your trip ?

I saw turquoise, ivory, and pink caviar rectangular minis as well as a yellow lambskin square mini when I was there last December. A few months before that I only saw one purple patent rectangular mini.