UK Chanel Club

And how is your experience then compared to now would you say? For regular clients I would think the experience may be different? Would be great to know. Is boutique vs department store any different service wise?
I think it depends on the SA you can get unhelpful SAs in both the department store and boutique but also nice ones. As I do most of my shopping from Harrods Chanel sometimes it can seem busy but at other times its not at all and you can still get popular bags there too

Reactions: Led9 and Pchul
I need some advice... I bought a Chanel classic flap today in black caviar leather with silver hardware from Harrods via their personal shopping option and from the receipt I can see the serial number starts with 29XXXXXX (so it was made in 2019).

Is it normal to be sold a bag that is already 2 years old?

Last edited:
I need some advice... I bought a Chanel classic flap today in black caviar leather with silver hardware from Harrods via their personal shopping option and from the receipt I can see the serial number starts with 29XXXXXX (so it was made in 2019).

Is it normal to be sold a bag that is already 2 years old?
Series 29 made in end of Year 2019.. So people were purchasing items with series 29 during end of year 2019 and beginning year of 2020. So the bag is abt 1 year plus old.

Reactions: Pchul
Hi! This is my first post (happy to have found this forum).
I'm on the hunt for my first Chanel purchase, preferably a rectangle mini bag or mini bag with top handle in black but I was shocked to learn last week how difficult it was to find one of these. I've been to Selfridges and Sloane St with no luck and can't seem to get through on the phone to Bond Street or Harrods.

Any tips please on how I can purchase one? Do they have stock coming in every week? Or is the best bet to wait for the new season? Thanks in advance xx

I'm on the hunt for my first Chanel purchase, preferably a rectangle mini bag or mini bag with top handle in black but I was shocked to learn last week how difficult it was to find one of these. I've been to Selfridges and Sloane St with no luck and can't seem to get through on the phone to Bond Street or Harrods.

Any tips please on how I can purchase one? Do they have stock coming in every week? Or is the best bet to wait for the new season? Thanks in advance xx
Hi there
On Sunday New Bond street had
Black chevron square mini with silver hardware
Navy square mini with champagne gold hardware
Red square mini
Blue chevron rectangular mini with champagne hardware
Light pink (that peachy nude colour) rectangular mini

They get stock in Monday - Friday so would try giving them a call in the morning to see what they have in (though stock comes in in the afternoon as well)

Hi there
On Sunday New Bond street had
Black chevron square mini with silver hardware
Navy square mini with champagne gold hardware
Red square mini
Blue chevron rectangular mini with champagne hardware
Light pink (that peachy nude colour) rectangular mini

They get stock in Monday - Friday so would try giving them a call in the morning to see what they have in (though stock comes in in the afternoon as well)
Thanks! That’s super helpful.
So do you think there is a good chance of the rectangle minis coming back in stock?

The classic mini Rectangular is all over the stores.. But the mini Rectangular with handle only for waiting list.. And they have closed the waiting list since last month. :sad:

Oh, maybe not in London. I couldn’t find the rectangle mini in any of the stores I mentioned above. And there aren’t waiting lists here as far as I’m aware :sad:
Not sure about black but rectangle mini was available in lots of colours both in Sloane st and Bond st boutiques on Thursday when I went there. Haven't seen mini with the top handle but the classic ones were in stock.