UK and French brands

bellapurse

O.G.
Aug 22, 2011
Hello!

I would like to know if there are French or British brands kind of what Zara and Gap is for Spain and US. I know Zara and H&M are all over but I'm looking for chain brands like that but from France and UK.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

I just posted this in another thread but I didn't know.
I'm just wondering if there are specific chain brands from UK and France. For example Gap is American and Zara is a Spain brand.

TIA!

There are plenty of chain stores in the UK. Ones that sell worldwide that I know of are:

Topshop - Amazing clothes, shoes, etc.
Next(Kind of like a better quality Gap) - sells clothing, shoes, watches, costume jewelry, etc.
Marks & Spencers - Clothing, beauty products, food
Boots - This is a chemist(Pharmacist) They sell all different brands, but also have their own brands, Boots No17(cheaper) Boots No 7(more expensive) I personally love Boots!

That's all I can think of for now...

Off the top of my head this is what I can think of - pretty sure they are from these countries :okay:

French - Kookai, Paul & Joe, Petit Bateau, celio*

British - Jaeger, Whistles, NW3/Hobbs, Lipsey, River Island, Dorthy Perkins, Monsoon, Barbour, Reiss, Ted Baker, The Kooples, New Look...

I'm a bit confused, because Gap and Zara are wildly different in terms of the fashion styles. There are lots of UK brands, depends on what you like.

Big high street brands are:
Oasis
Miss Selfridge (younger crowd)
Dorothy Perkins
Next
Topshop

Higher end:
Whistles
All Saints
Jigsaw
Hobbs / NW3
Laura Ashley

Quirky:
Cath Kidston

I'm a bit confused, because Gap and Zara are wildly different in terms of the fashion styles. There are lots of UK brands, depends on what you like.

Big high street brands are:
Oasis
Miss Selfridge (younger crowd)
Dorothy Perkins
Next
Topshop

Higher end:
Whistles
All Saints
Jigsaw
Hobbs / NW3
Laura Ashley

Quirky:
Cath Kidston

Exactly what i would have said regarding the UK high st

Hi Bellapurse, I know you've seen my PM but also wanted to add

Good old 'Marks and Spencers' ! - its an institution in its own right. I buy most of my cashmere jumpers and cardis from here. They are a great price, good quality for the price but best of all can be washed in the washing machine :amazed:

And then for cheap as chips clothes, there's always primark!

And when you're in London, definitely check out COS - its next to Liberty. I know its not a British brand but the clothes are brilliant (its sister brand to H&M) and well worth a visit when in London. They also have a branch in Selfridges.

Are you specifically looking for more affordable clothing chains? Like their "versions" of Forever 21, Express, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc.?

From what I have read, I would say the UK equivalent to Forever 21 is Primark, while their H&M/Zara is Topshop/Topman...

Having said that, I've only personally shopped Topman at Nordstrom. Its initial ticket is high compared to H&M, and NOTHING is tumble dry, but they do take massive markdowns on it.

I am also personally dissapointed with the (mens) merchandise selection at Cotton On, who claim to be "the H&M of Australia".

Hi!

I just posted this in another thread but I didn't know.
I'm just wondering if there are specific chain brands from UK and France. For example Gap is American and Zara is a Spain brand.

TIA!