Uh ohhh - third reveal! :)

Siobhan Chiffon

shuh-VAHN
Dec 13, 2009
So, I think a problem is developing ladies and gents!

I'm back with another reveal -- this time from my weekend trip to NYC!

Before I begin with the unveiling, I'd like to share an at first annoying then wonderful story.

I had an idea of what Chanels I wanted to get. I just needed to see both of my two big options before I made a phone order or anything. I originally wanted to get a Beige Claire Jumbo with S/H. I told my best friend, Sarita, that we were going to all of the Chanels in the city to track it down. The first store we visited was Saks, and lo and behold they had it in caviar leather with silver hardware! I'm pretty pale, I will admit, and once I tried it on, my heart sank. The color looked like an extension of my body -- a growth, sort of lol -- from afar, because it blended into my complexion easily. Sarita stated she loved it, but it just didn't work with me. I agreed, and then looked at the WOCs they had available. Nothing really sang to me, so we headed out towards the 57th street boutique.

This is where my story gets frustrating. I walked into the boutique, looked around, didn't see anything, and left. Sarita kinda through her arms up, and asked me why the heck i didn't ask them what they had in stock, color-wise, for the jumbo -- like if they had a lambskin beige jumbo that didn't look as growth-like as the caviar! I thought that was a pretty good idea, and turned around and headed back in. I walked up to the counter, and asked the man behind it what Jumbo colors they had in stock. I swear, he looked me up and down, and then said, "None for you."

Honestly? I almost threw a fit. I gave the man an incredulous stare, and asked, "really? ...no beige claires?" and he sort of just...walked away? Yeah, i'm dead serious. Sarita grabbed my arm and walked me out of the store. We headed out to lunch, and we discussed how RUDE that chanel had been. I was carrying my m/l classic flap, so I don't understand why I was regarded as someone who couldn't know what jumbo's they had in stock?? Anyways, undeterred, we soldiered on. After hitting two more Chanels (the uptown one as well as bergdorf), nothing really screamed "buy me!"

We headed to SoHo in the evening. And just, wow, the Chanel boutique is gorgeous down there! I was immediately welcomed, and asked what I was interested in, and given a seat, while they grabbed bags in the colors I requested. I was helped by a lovely SA named Julie -- she never made me feel uncomfortable or pressured like some SA's we had encountered during the day (cough burberry cough), and even gave me 2 christmas charms. Such a sweetie. :heart:

without further ado, my reveal! :biggrin:

Attachments

• reveal3-FIRST.jpg
    reveal3-FIRST.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 110
  • reveal3-FIRSTCLOSE.jpg
    reveal3-FIRSTCLOSE.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 130
i got a camellia on my bag, but :crybaby: it broke off. I mean, i DID carry this MONSTER bag around SoHo and some of timesquare for about i dunno, 3+ hours? i didn't expect it to last, lol. it was fun having other stores ogle my mondo bag and ask what the heck I bought. the bag was practically the size of my best friend ahahaha.

Attachments

• reveal3-FIRSTCLOSER.jpg
    reveal3-FIRSTCLOSER.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 87
  • reveal3-BOTH.jpg
    reveal3-BOTH.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 98
  • reveal3-ALLBOXES.jpg
    reveal3-ALLBOXES.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 87
andddd wha la! my first and definitely NOT last WOC! i love how tiny and adorable they are. also, if anybody knows where i can find myself a camellia WOC (pink, gray, other colors besides black!) AND takes phone orders, lemme know! :smile:

Attachments

• REVEAL3-REVEALLIGHT.jpg
    REVEAL3-REVEALLIGHT.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 219
  • REVEAL3-REVEALLOWLIGHT.jpg
    REVEAL3-REVEALLOWLIGHT.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 87
  • REVEAL3-REVEALFLASH.jpg
    REVEAL3-REVEALFLASH.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 155
annnd more shots. the color is "silver" and it has a pearl-like tint to it. its really lovely. :heart: little dead here, too. :C

Attachments

• reveal3-wocfront.jpg
    reveal3-wocfront.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,424
  • reveal3-wocfront2.jpg
    reveal3-wocfront2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Very pretty!

attachment.php

good lord on that rude "none for you" SA comment! might he have been in a Grey Poupon commercial in his previous life?

anyway, can't wait to see what you've got in that big ol' box...

andddd wha la! my first and definitely NOT last WOC! i love how tiny and adorable they are. also, if anybody knows where i can find myself a camellia WOC (pink, gray, other colors besides black!) AND takes phone orders, lemme know! :smile:
Congratulations Chiffon. Sorry to hear about the horrible experience at 57th Street but glad the Soho store did good and you found what you like. Can't wait for the remainder of the reveal! :smile:
For the camelia WOC, try the Saks in NY that you visited (212-940-4347) and ask for Mike P. I know they had them in pink, red & black and if he doesn't have it in his store, he can track it down for you. Good luck!

scholastican - LOL right?! couldn't even come up with anything snarky to say to the guy!

halunfishie - THANK YOU!! i'm definitely going to give them a call later! sarita and me tried to run over after going to macy's in the morning on our last day, but our tight train schedule didn't allow me to purchase it. This helps immensely! :heart:

amj - thanks! :smile: