Uh Oh SO; Say it Ain't SO

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
Saturday I went to look at the SO I ordered in November. Though my second choice in color, it is need so pretty as pretty in pink, hot pink that is.

Sunday morning at 1:30 a.m. my mind would not stop chattering
about the purse. I was so elated seeing my first SO that not only did I forget to take out the camera and snap some pics (as the purse is being sent to me today) but in this wee hour the oddity of the inside of the flap kept niggling at me. Talk about delayed input.

The inside flap is the same color as the outside. Only the bottom part from the flap seam down is the second color. It wasn't until this morning (coz I was out Sunday) that I began looking at pics of bi-colored pieces and sure nuf they all have the inside flap in the second color.

Aaack attack! What's that saying -- haste makes waste. I've waited 5 years for a 28. I'm not going to put to keyboard what brain is saying but it rhymes with dirty; it is a French word.

I am really sorry to hear this, jmen. I don't know if it will be any comfort to you to know you are not alone, but I just declined a SO because it was (get this) not the original bag style requested (though I had been warned in advance that a substitution was likely, so was not taken aback); was not the SIZE I had requested; and had exterior contrast piping I had not wanted. Disappointment does not begin to cover it. Hermes is still clearly reeling from its surge in popularity and hasn't figured out how to increase sales and maintain quality simultaneously. Something has to give.

As it's a 28 guessing it's a Kelly - if so, where is the seam where the colour changes?

There is a seam just above the zipper pocket (inside back panel). You look inside and from the edges down is iris and from that seam up is RT.

When I saw it, I did think is this normal? I've seen pics of inside flaps being the same color as the rest of the inside. Am confused -- why this is different than those I've seen pics -- dare I say on ebay -- as well as reveals here.

I'm sorry about the messed up SO'S. I thought H only accepted an SO request if they knew they could do exactly what the customer wanted. Did your SA'S place the orders correctly?

I'm sorry about the messed up SO'S. I thought H only accepted an SO request if they knew they could do exactly what the customer wanted. Did your SA'S place the orders correctly?

Unfortunately the orders put in have not been carried out correctly for a number of members recently. Not the SD or SA's fault -- it's at the attelier or somewhere in between.

There is a seam just above the zipper pocket (inside back panel). You look inside and from the edges down is iris and from that seam up is RT.

When I saw it, I did think is this normal? I've seen pics of inside flaps being the same color as the rest of the inside. Am confused -- why this is different than those I've seen pics -- dare I say on ebay -- as well as reveals here.

Sorry that something has detracted from making your SO feel less special. I know it's on the inside, but if you are really unhappy, why don't you ask your SM to return - 5 years is a long time not to get your heart's desire. Good luck with your decision.

So sorry you are feeling unhappy but if it is really going to annoy you refuse the bag now and ask it to be made the way it was supposed to be.

My first SO kelly is like this I think outside raisin interior pink apart from the inside flap which is raisin but did not realize this for a few months so did not really bother me thought this was how they were all made, my order was also made wrong came with contrast pipping that I did not want and made in the wrong leather but when I saw the bag I actualy loved it so accepted it and really love that kelly.

Congratulations on receiving your SO! It sounds lovely.

Mine came that way as well, which was unexpected to me as well. I never considered it to be a "messed up" SO, though, and given how long I waited for mine (4 yrs from the time I actually ordered it), there was no way in h*ll I was turning it down and waiting for another over such a minor detail that isn't a quality issue and doesn't bother me at all when I use the bag. Of course, everyone is different, and if it bothers you enough, then you'll never be happy with the bag.

Mystery solved: Only the candy series has the colored inside flap. SOs do not. I wondered about this prior to calling the boutique and now I am have one more factoid to add to the Hermes section of my brain.

Now I await delivery and promise to share pics asap.

Thanks everyone for being here for me and my madness.

Jmen,
Mine changes color at the base of the flap. I though this is how it was supposed to be...???

Saturday I went to look at the SO I ordered in November. Though my second choice in color, it is need so pretty as pretty in pink, hot pink that is.

Sunday morning at 1:30 a.m. my mind would not stop chattering
about the purse. I was so elated seeing my first SO that not only did I forget to take out the camera and snap some pics (as the purse is being sent to me today) but in this wee hour the oddity of the inside of the flap kept niggling at me. Talk about delayed input.

The inside flap is the same color as the outside. Only the bottom part from the flap seam down is the second color. It wasn't until this morning (coz I was out Sunday) that I began looking at pics of bi-colored pieces and sure nuf they all have the inside flap in the second color.

Aaack attack! What's that saying -- haste makes waste. I've waited 5 years for a 28. I'm not going to put to keyboard what brain is saying but it rhymes with dirty; it is a French word.

darling sooo sorry i get that with the kelly the point of having different color lining is so that when you open it its visible i very much hope it works out let us know share pics etc ..... best birkel.