Uh-oh...saw the new red jumbo in person...

I love the new chain. I don't really care for classic chain, yet. IMHO, classic interwoven chain flaps make me look older. I like bags to be edgy and hip...which new chain is all about.

i looove the new chain. i actually have the medium red lambskin and am on the list for the jumbo. been having this thing with red bags recently.

agh. i called saks in LA and they don't have it anymore =[ and my SA at nordstrom said 'they're coming' i'm getting a bit worried now...

I think I have the new chain: silver without any leather running thru it. I LOVE IT. It feels perfect. Not too flimsy or slippery feeling on my shoulder. Really love it. I didn't like the look of the chains with leather thru them. Although the straps that have leather tops and chain on the sides look and feel great too. I LOVE THIS FORUM.

]I like the look of the new chain but Im pretty sure you can't tie a knot inside to shorten the chain a tad which is what I always do with my jumbos (it makes it easier to carry and feels less heavy that way for some reason) Here is a pic....I dont think its possible to do this...

chanelivoryjumbo004.jpg

Actually, You CAN tie a knot in the bags with the new chains...I used a hair tie to grab both ends of the straps and then tied them with a hair band. This can be done with the new chain aswell. I tried it on my red lambskin medium with new chain. I plan on doing it to the caviar red jumbo that I am going to get.

knot001.jpg

I haven't decided if I like the new chain or old chain better. Old chain is just so classically Chanel and the woven leather is so beautiful, but the new chain is really pretty too. I like both!