uh oh....READ this IF U BOUGHT NEW MODERN CHAIN!

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
Just got back from my SAKS store.
My SA Donna told me that her store has pulled the new modern chain bags OFF the shelves..DUE to a DEFECT.The plastic chain links are all falling apart@@!

What is up this year with CHANEL and the poor quality??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIKES!!!!!!

She pulled a bag out and showed me too..it was AWFUL!!!!the links just disconnect!!

I think a pfer posted this happened to her...... well, I guess we should be happy they're not going to sell them. What is the retail on this bag again? Almost 3K?

I went to the Nordstrom - topanga in Woodland Hills and in front of the S/A the links just fell apart!:tdown::tdown:

She tried to down play it like it was no big deal and still tried to get me to buy the bag!
I couldn't believe it!:mad:
You know if it was her own money she wouldn't have reacted that way :sad:

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't really wowed by the new design to begin with. If I were to ever get a MC tote, it would definitely be the older style with metal chain handles. :yes: Seems much more durable.

I never like to be the one to invest in prototypes - new leather, chains, etc. - until they've been tested to be long-lasting and durable.
That's how I feel about cars... we shouldn't have to worry about a new style of bag. Shame on you, Chanel.

By the way, Jill, I thought your title referred to the "New Modern Chain" from this fall, the one with the glazed leather. I was seriously worried for a minute.