Uh oh...my Mom just found out how much my purses cost!!!

My mom carries a Target bag that I bought to use as a diaper bag for my car. It's a black hobo that worked out in a pinch. She needed a purse and she mentioned the one in my car and how it must be nice to leave such a nice expensive bag in the car all the time while she's lugging around a tote from some conference she attended. I gave her the bag and she is so happy with it.

I don't have the heart to tell her it only cost 6.48 on clearance.

:biggrin: my mom cant complain either she got me addicted to bags in the first place, for my 12 bday she got me a dooney, and 13 bday she got me a coach. but its funny im the coach lover now, and she loves lv
cant say the same for my hubby he hates my bags

I have to say that I feel so much better that there are so many of you that still can't tell your mom about your purchases...I thought I was the only dysfunctional adult here in my 30's who hides some of her purchases! My mom can certainly afford anything she wants, but she's still has an immigrant mentality about using everything to death before discarding it. She does know about "SOME" of my purses, but certainly not the Balenciaga, a "few" (ahem) of the LVs and a "few" (cough cough) of my Coaches. She thinks 4 handbags are already WAAAAY more than enough! :roflmfao:

But, at the same time she does recognize the workmanship etc. of my bags and thinks they are beautiful (the ones she knows of). Not to say she still doesn't get sticker shock at some of the bags that are out there!

yeah that's where my mom and i butt heads....she doesn't understand, she has two coach's, i even bought one for her, but she is like when i look at that purse, i see a week of groceries :smile: oh lord....she says it's just a purse, a purse is a purse wether it's walmart or coach.......
oh man.....
so I have to buy my own.......clearly i was born into the wrong family

LOL. I'm going on a trip to see my mom and go skiing in December and I'm still debating on whether I should take my new chanel with me or leave it at home. My mom would know exactly how much it was cause she usually carries Dooney's but I don't know what she would say since I'm still in grad school. I guess I'll just tell her I got it off ebay and leave the price out, which is true, I did get it off ebay :biggrin:

I don't tell my mom how much my bags cost. She just would not understand. She has a few Coach Bags but none has cost more than $300. Mine are usually $500 or more so she would probably just flip. But hey it is my money and I work for it so I can spend it
any way I please.

My mom wouldn't understand either so we don't even go there. Thankfully my teen daughters and I share the addiction so they'll never have to explain a thing to me. Instead we'll be swapping our purses with each other.

My mom doesn't know Coach (I don't think she does, anyway), so I don't say anything. Besides, being a married woman, it really isn't her business, right? She'd probably flip if I told her... my husband did... lol.

My mom knows how much my bags are.. shes just shocked that I would spend so much on a purse (she would never think of spend that much on a purse. let alone buy me one that much O_O).. but in the end shes like.. OMG! CAN I BORROW SUCH-N-SO? Haha.. she's a crazy mom. but I love her! :biggrin:

A little OT: My dad has no idea what my purses cost let alone what 'coach' is.. he doesn't even know when I have a new purse or using a different one.. I don't think.... O_O

My mom loves Coach but we're always hunting for bargains. I find it's often best just not to bring this kind of stuff up with people who aren't Coach lovers.

It'd be like me trying to understand how someone could spend $400 on a fishing pole when the ones at Wal-mart work just fine. :nuts:

I thought I was the only one too!! I could never tell my parents what my Coach bags and what my soon to be LVs cost. My mom didn't use the Nine West bag I got her for 2 years because it was expensive and she didn't want to use it!!!! My parents have never owned anything designer in their lives and would have a total meltdown if they knew how much an LV bag cost. Luckily I can share it with my sister because we share the addiction....

you know what ladies? life is short, and you only live once. you might as well spoil yourself every so often! :yes: you work hard for your money and deserve some treats! ladies are into bags, jewelry, fashion stuff... while guys are into their cars and electronics. nuff said! :yahoo: