Uh oh! Is it too late to get a jet black City?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I just read on here that the S/S 09 Black Cities were jet black which is what I wanted but the F/W ones aren't??? I was going to go buy one tomorrow and now I am worried I won't be able to find any S/S ones left!!!:cry: Is this really true about the color differing on the two seasons? I didn't buy one last year because of that gnarly dark grey that was considered "black". Are S/S Black Cities still out there??

I wanna cry!!!

Even within each season there's variation. I have a s/s 09 black part time and it's a very nice black but I wouldn't call it jet-black. So just keep looking, you'll find one that is black enough, I'm sure.

I have an S/S 09 City that I thought was jet black when I got it, but it seems to have faded somewhat. Either that, or it could just be me constantly staring at the bag and wondering if it's jet black or just black or less black now ... :P Which will drive you crazy! Just go to the store, have a look, or call round the Bal stores and ask. Good luck!

(btw, it's hard to tell exactly how black it is under store lighting: you might want to ask to take it outside to look at it in daylight)

I would try a search for a good pre-loved one in mint condt. that not was from 08/09 (if you are not sure and don´t want to risk), see... compare... ask the girls and take a good decision.;):flowers:

Even within each season there's variation. I have a s/s 09 black part time and it's a very nice black but I wouldn't call it jet-black. So just keep looking, you'll find one that is black enough, I'm sure.

ITA, don't get a bag just because it is from a certain season. Go take a look at some bags in person, and when you find one you like, get it regardless of the season! Good luck!

Check the color reference section under "Black." There is at least one picture of a beautiful F/W 09 Black City that looks pretty dark to me. I have one waiting for me when I get home from BalNY, so I will let you know about that one, too. The SA told me it was pretty black, so we'll see. It is also wrinkly, which I love. I agree that if you can go to a store and pick one out, that is probably your best bet.

I am heading over to the store today to check it out. I am wearing my 06 Grenat City which just reminds me how much I adore the City style. The only RH black Bal I have is an 05 Work and it's so worn out now. I hope I find what I'm looking for!!!

I just acquired a f/w 09 Black GGH PT, and it's very distressed but definitely jet black:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 09 Black GGH PT_front.jpg
    09 Black GGH PT_front.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 186
There is no consistancy in the Black color and leather quality in 2009 S/S IMO. I got both 09 S/S RH Work and SGH Part Time. Their leather is kind of dry, and sure are not as jet black as my 05 Black City. I would say keep searching but not limited to certain year and season since it varies bag by bag.

Here's the F/W 09 City I got today. I think it is pretty black. Like Coutour's PT, it is distressed, but maybe not as black - hard to tell in a photo. That PT's leather looks fabulous!

2009FWBlackCity007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.