Ugly Rumor Day

Brennamom

O.G.
May 8, 2007
Ok, FIRST I hear that Plisses will be d/c and NOW I hear that NM will no longer carry H - PERIOD except for some tabletop. They won't be receiving any merch after summer...

WTF! I should've stayed in bed if this is the case:cursing:

Any corroborators?? Mythbusters??

I posted this last March/april and LOL, I thought I was the only one that cared, nobody said anything. I know they have discontinued the Hermes scarf counter in at least one NM already and Jag said last year that they were pulling H out of her NM store (I think it was Jag). My guess is with Hermes.com, they don't think there is a need to continue to outsource similar things that can be bought through them online.

Hi EH! I hadn't discovered H yet last Spring, 'cause I def. would have cared! I just had the most delightful transaction with Lois in Troy, it would be a shame if it was my last! My local NM has a tiny counter, so I have to go outside CA for anything else...I just got a give card to Saks and the only one with an H counter is NYC. Wonder if that will go away too? Had you heard anything re: plisse?

^ Hello to you too! I love that NM teeny scarf counter. I have found some wonderful scarves there that were older designs including a tohu bohu silk a few months ago and a blue la treve. I loved going to the store just to see if something new old design was just shipped in. Plus, they raised their prices weeks after Hermes raised their prices each bump. I really loved the hunt.
Have not heard about Saks, but would not be surprised.
The plisses, no have not heard but maybe will feel them out when I go in next, not doing the sale tho' so I think some will hear before me.

Am I missing something Saks on Fifth Ave has an H counter?

Hi Beth! I can't say for certain...I called the 800 cust. svc. to see if any SFAs in CA had an H, I thought that Bev. Hills did but wasn't sure. The CS rep said only NYC sold H silks. When I called today and asked for Hermes, they put me through to an extension that rang forever and I finally had to hang up for another call. If you are there, could you call and find out? I'll try again tomorrow, but where I sit I feel like everyone can hear my conversation, kwim?

Is that a fact that they are stopping with plisses?Wow,I wonder why?I know they are pricier than a normal scarf & have seen them go for resale for far less at times.Still it would be ashame if this is so.I only own 1.

i just received the new neimans large catalog for spring and there is a full-page spread of an hermes brides de gala jersey scarf worn as a top at $530 us. they are offering it in several colors for spring so if hermes is leaving nm it isn't imminent based on the catalog. would be too bad- hope it is not true.

Diva, haven't gotten confirmation on the plisse. I'm watching an auction currently where the lister says that....trying to get yeay/neay from the smartest H women I know!!

Tesi, rumor is that no A/W stock will be shipped, so it's possible that the catalog went to print way before this was brought up.....Funny, I've never seen H in any NM cats I get :crybaby:

Diva, haven't gotten confirmation on the plisse. I'm watching an auction currently where the lister says that....trying to get yeay/neay from the smartest H women I know!!

Tesi, rumor is that no A/W stock will be shipped, so it's possible that the catalog went to print way before this was brought up.....Funny, I've never seen H in any NM cats I get :crybaby:

brennamom- the nm catalogs that have hermes are called "the book". they are very large in scale and on heavy paper and a great reference for each season. i actually keep them for craft projects/collages too! bergdorf has a similar catalog and i've also seen h in there- the past one had the coupons scarf. haven't received spring bg catalog yet however. next time i am at nm i will ask. i know my particular nm is literally next to an hermes store, so it would make sense to eliminate h in that location wouldn't it? it would be sad because i redeem amex points for nm gift cards and it's great to get h "on sale" with the gift cards!

Hi Beth! I can't say for certain...I called the 800 cust. svc. to see if any SFAs in CA had an H, I thought that Bev. Hills did but wasn't sure. The CS rep said only NYC sold H silks. When I called today and asked for Hermes, they put me through to an extension that rang forever and I finally had to hang up for another call. If you are there, could you call and find out? I'll try again tomorrow, but where I sit I feel like everyone can hear my conversation, kwim?

I'd love to know this as well....

My NM SA in New Jersey told me as recently as this past weekend that the only H boutique slated to remain open is at Mazza Gallery in DC. And that boutique is dreadful. They either have absolutely no inventory, save for tabletop, baby items, and gloves or its all being kept in the back for their special clients and made available upon request. My SA in New Jersey also indicated the SA's there are shady when asked about inventory by other store SA's... so good luck getting anything sent to you.

That reminds me of when I collected Chanel jewelry in the 80's and lived in NoCal. You'd go to the fine accessories counter and ask to see the Chanel (it wasn't out for public view) and the SA would say they don't carry it. Then you'd say, yes you do, it's in the cabinet behind you. They would look at you like a) how dare you then b) like you had 3 heads, and then c) they would pony up the merch. And that was 20 years ago!! Have we not evolved from such piffle???? Sheesh!