ugh!! why does ebay allow seller to relist bags that are fakes!!

wigglytuff

Love & Hermes
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
so as you know, i bought a bag, returned it because it was a fake and am waiting for the paypal refund to show up on my debit card...

i disputed the case through ebay and paypal, i won both but ebay asked me to close the ebay case since i was won the paypal case. and the ebay person who called me fully seem to understand where i was coming from. i took the bag to hermes and the on staff craftman, Claude, said the bag was fake.

so why is it that before i even have my refund the seller is allowed buy both paypal and ebay to list the same item again and sell the fake to someone else?

seller yourchariot
item number 390164231038
http://cgi.ebay.com/MIB-HERMES-AUTH...emQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item5ad799b37e

so why is it that before i even have my refund the seller is allowed buy both paypal and ebay to list the same item again and sell the fake to someone else?

Because Ebay has always made millions of dollars off of allowing the sale of counterfeit merchandise and they want to continue doing so. Disgusting, isn't it?

Hope you get your money back soon!:smile:

Because Ebay has always made millions of dollars off of allowing the sale of counterfeit merchandise and they want to continue doing so. Disgusting, isn't it?

Hope you get your money back soon!:smile:

wow. at first i thought that it was a little unfair that ebay keeps loosing these lawsuits against LV, hermes and the likes, but now i see how they got off easy.

The way ebay is going with all these fakes it wouldnt suprise me if one day they decided to not get involved when it came to counterfits, just have a disclaimer or something to say that if a buyer purchases something they do so at their own risk.

But then again if they did that then nobody would use ebay to buy anything...

didn't you win this case because of the refund policy rather than authenticity issues? i've never heard of paypal making a determination that something is counterfeit without a third-party authentication. since the case was resolved on a different track perhaps the fact that you've told them it's not authentic didn't register.

hit the report button and explain it to them again.

didn't you win this case because of the refund policy rather than authenticity issues? i've never heard of paypal making a determination that something is counterfeit without a third-party authentication. since the case was resolved on a different track perhaps the fact that you've told them it's not authentic didn't register.

hit the report button and explain it to them again.

They didn't tell me why I won, just that I did win. I do think that it really was an open and shut case on many levels.

I and many others have already reported this item on the grounds that it is fake.

With so many sellers out on Ebay, it's very difficult to make sure the bag you are buying is real. You have to make sure the seller has positive feedback and is an established member. With LV, Chanel, Hermes - so many fakes out there , it's awful and many look so much like the real thing. They are getting harder and harder to decipher. I won't list any high-end bags without a receipt and many high-end stores keep information out on their systems so a receipt is attainable if you purchased it from the store and then are trying to sell it. Problem is people buy a bag from someone else or a store that is not an authorized store, either thinking they got the real thing or trying to fool buyers. They should not be allowed to sell the fake item again -report it to Ebay. Contact the seller and let them know you will report it. They might then not try to scam someone else. Contact Ebay via phone if you have to. We as buyers and sellers have to protect ourselves. This hurts us all. Good luck!
Watch the dates on the posts you're bumping. Some are quite old and the threads have been dead for years.

As for your quotes in red above, I have a couple of comments:
1. positive feedback and being a long-time doesn't prove anything. there are sellers who have never sold an authentic item in their lives but often, buyers either don't know they got a fake or they got a refund and left positive feedback because they were satisfied.
2. Receipts don't prove anything and aren't accepted by ebay or paypal as proof of authenticity. Receipts can be faked and/or genuine receipts can be used to "prove" authenticity of a fake.

Regarding the part in blue, for most items, it's not difficult to determine authenticity. If the seller has the right pictures and the pictures are clear and definitive, there are many places including TPF's authenticate this subforum to have the listings looked at and authenticated.