UGH!!!!! USPS and *bay!

Mar 22, 2007
So I bought a black bleecker capacity wristlet on ebay for $60 with shipping. I know some said they were at the outlets but I didn't want to track it down by calling outlets and well it was on ebay for cheap!

I asked the seller to ship it to my job. Fine. Well she ships it to my house instead. So for the last week it has been sitting at the post office with a status of Arrival at Unit. Not delivered not anything.

I called the post office today and they tell me my mail is on hold? Wha?!?! My mom put the mail on HOLD and DIDN'T TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are in Brazil until MONDAY!!!!!!!!! WHICH IS A HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

UGH!!! MY MOTHER!!!!! I called her and left her a mean message on Brazil! She smells!

I said to the lady at the post office regardless of there being a mail hold why hasn't my item been delivered? It should still say delivered! She had no answers, just I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. Then she said we could track it it but it has to be more the 30 days after it was mailed! Which is past the time I wanted it for. I wanted it for when I got to Cabo in TWO WEEKS!!

I'm so mad! SO MAD!!! If the seller had sent it to my job as asked this wouldn't be an issue!

I called JAX they still have some, but I'm not sure I what to do? Do I order another or just hope for the best?!?! :shrugs:

I changed the address when I paid through paypal, I've done this before with no problems, and she even stated in the email she sent me that it was shipped to my work address with is 20 miles from my home address so it shouldn't have been at the post office no matter what.

And my work address is a confirmed address in paypal.

Last edited:
She has to send it where Paypal tells her to send it. Otherwise she may not be protected.

Not true anymore. Or maybe this just applies to Powersellers but I remember getting a message from PP saying that I was protected if I even shipped to an unconfirmed address, some new rules they are implementing.

But I do find it frustrating as I have tried to get items shipped to my home instead of business and 99% of the time the sellers don't even respond and ship it anyway.

Can't you just take your mail off hold and have them deliver it? I believe you can do that online now and if your Mom has to do it, surely she can get to a computer in Brazil -it's a very wired country. Of course, after your message, she may be avoiding you;) I hope you get you bag in time - the Seller totally screwed up it sounds like.

I'll have to talk to my mom. I tried doing it one time for my SO but you have to have a confirmation number or the person who put it on hold has to go in person. I am going to rummage through my mom's office and see if she printed out the confirmation number and take the mail off hold!

If your mail is on hold than the package hasn't been delivered until you pick it up!

So I bought a black bleecker capacity wristlet on ebay for $60 with shipping. I know some said they were at the outlets but I didn't want to track it down by calling outlets and well it was on ebay for cheap!

I asked the seller to ship it to my job. Fine. Well she ships it to my house instead. So for the last week it has been sitting at the post office with a status of Arrival at Unit. Not delivered not anything.

I called the post office today and they tell me my mail is on hold? Wha?!?! My mom put the mail on HOLD and DIDN'T TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are in Brazil until MONDAY!!!!!!!!! WHICH IS A HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

UGH!!! MY MOTHER!!!!! I called her and left her a mean message on Brazil! She smells!

I said to the lady at the post office regardless of there being a mail hold why hasn't my item been delivered? It should still say delivered! She had no answers, just I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. Then she said we could track it it but it has to be more the 30 days after it was mailed! Which is past the time I wanted it for. I wanted it for when I got to Cabo in TWO WEEKS!!

I'm so mad! SO MAD!!! If the seller had sent it to my job as asked this wouldn't be an issue!

I called JAX they still have some, but I'm not sure I what to do? Do I order another or just hope for the best?!?! :shrugs:

Yeah that's what I figured, but when I talked to the post office yesterday they didn't find the packaged in our box of mail that is on hold so it's not delievered.

I talked to my mom yesterday and she was just like oh that sucks. Um ya think?!?! I just have to wait until Tuesday I guess to see what happens. Then I only have a week after that before I leave for my trip which is what I purchased it for.

But I do find it frustrating as I have tried to get items shipped to my home instead of business and 99% of the time the sellers don't even respond and ship it anyway.

I do this as a seller because my auctions state that I only ship to the confirmed address.

I get tired of having "negotiations" with every single other buyer who wants it shipped to another address besides the one stated in paypal, if they wanted that they should either have asked beforehand and paid with money order or not bid on my auction. I tell buyers that I will ship wherever they want, if they pay with money order, and surprisingly (not), they are usually happy to ask me to give up my protections, but are not willing to give up their protections. :shrugs:

It slows down my shipping considerably to go through all these negotiations and with the new DSR's, it is not to my advantage to have slow shipping.