ugh.. non-paying buyer. What should i do?

tatsu_k

Nov 17, 2010
C'mon. I am not angry, I am kinda pissed.

Haven't sold much lately. Decided to list sneakers. The person wins the bid on Sept. 12. I immediately send an invoice. No payment for 4 days. I messaged today, saying thank you for your purchase, when can i expect payment?

His/her reply:
im sorry im not able to pay for these shoes.. i thought they were the other purple ones i didnt know they had flowers on them...

Hello? Couldn't you at least email me earlier, not to wait 4 days? And you can see from the listing that they are NOT solid color purple and they say "Floral" in description!!!! :mad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201163983349?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

can you please tell me guys how to proceed? I never had a non-payer before. Should i reply? Put non-payment case? Just close?

Jeez, such a waste of time.... SMH

C'mon. I am not angry, I am kinda pissed.

Haven't sold much lately. Decided to list sneakers. The person wins the bid on Sept. 12. I immediately send an invoice. No payment for 4 days. I messaged today, saying thank you for your purchase, when can i expect payment?

His/her reply:
im sorry im not able to pay for these shoes.. i thought they were the other purple ones i didnt know they had flowers on them...

Hello? Couldn't you at least email me earlier, not to wait 4 days? And you can see from the listing that they are NOT solid color purple and they say "Floral" in description!!!! :mad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201163983349?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

can you please tell me guys how to proceed? I never had a non-payer before. Should i reply? Put non-payment case? Just close?

Jeez, such a waste of time.... SMH

Personally I'd wait to be able to file a NPB so that they get a strike, otherwise they'll just keep up the behavior. But if you don't want to wait to get fees back / relist, you can request a cancellation.

Personally I'd wait to be able to file a NPB so that they get a strike, otherwise they'll just keep up the behavior. But if you don't want to wait to get fees back / relist, you can request a cancellation.

Thanks for your reply! I am not in a hurry to sell them, just wanted to get them off my back. How long do i have to wait to be able to file NPB? Will I be able to leave feedback? Should i email buyer saying i will open NPB? i checked their feedback, 100%, sellers were all happy. Why not just say "i changed my mind"??

This. I have had this happen a few times. It gets to be around four days or so after their purchase, then they decide to email and tell me they were looking for something else. If they had messaged me right away, I would have cancelled. Waiting until a NPB case is opened? I think the buyer deserves a strike in that circumstance.

thanks ladies! i would have cancelled if the person would email me the same day, said, "i have changed my mind". Ok, it happens. But you right, wait 4 days for MY email, and then say that it was not what i thought it would be?

so should i just do it now? (since it been 4 days)

Actually, since the buyer told you they don't want the shoes, you can relist now.

thanks ladies! i would have cancelled if the person would email me the same day, said, "i have changed my mind". Ok, it happens. But you right, wait 4 days for MY email, and then say that it was not what i thought it would be?

so should i just do it now? (since it been 4 days)
Yes, open the case now.

I wouldn't ask the buyer to cancel. Allowing the cancellation for a non-paying buyer reinforces the behavior because it sends a message that he can get away with it.

Open the dispute now and In 4 days, you can close it and the buyer will get a strike.