ugh need help pen on lining of Sac Louis :(

shopETOH

O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
Oh I could cry. i never ever keep a pen in my purses and my friend dropped one in without realizing that and a small amount of ink scratches from a pen got on the inside lining of my Sac Louis! I'm so horrified. It's goatskin leather I believe. What should I do? Could LV send it for cleaning or something? I'm afraid to touch it for fear of making it worse.

Oh I could cry. i never ever keep a pen in my purses and my friend dropped one in without realizing that and a small amount of ink scratches from a pen got on the inside lining of my Sac Louis! I'm so horrified. It's goatskin leather I believe. What should I do? Could LV send it for cleaning or something? I'm afraid to touch it for fear of making it worse.
There must be a pen epidemic going around lately!
In a small bowl filled with very warm (not hot) water add a couple of drops of Dawn dish soap and mix with an old toothbrush. Tap off excess liquid and then, with the bag turned inside out as much as possible, gently rub the toothbrush in small circular motions to help lift the ink all the while using a dry cloth to soak up any extra moisture. Do this a few times and allow to rest and air dry for a day or two even if the stain hasn't fully lifted (you don't want to saturate the leather as that's an invitation for mold and mildew). Repeat as necessary and the stain should lift considerably if not outright.

Reactions: Brucewayne13
There must be a pen epidemic going around lately!
In a small bowl filled with very warm (not hot) water add a couple of drops of Dawn dish soap and mix with an old toothbrush. Tap off excess liquid and then, with the bag turned inside out as much as possible, gently rub the toothbrush in small circular motions to help lift the ink all the while using a dry cloth to soak up any extra moisture. Do this a few times and allow to rest and air dry for a day or two even if the stain hasn't fully lifted (you don't want to saturate the leather as that's an invitation for mold and mildew). Repeat as necessary and the stain should lift considerably if not outright.
Ok thanks so much!! I'll try this