ugh. my pretentious aunt went out and bought a real LV.....

so that everyone else would think that the rest of the fakes in her collection are real too.

wouldn't it be the opposite though? i'm thinking that one fake would spoil the authentics.
It's a laughable reason to get a real LV. :cray: The fact that she spent time rationalizing her real LV purchase to make the fake ones "look real" is absurd. But hopefully, a happy ending will come out of it. Hope she realizes the evils of purchasing fakes and sees that owning 1 real LV is far superior than owning a closet full of fake purses.

baybay0359 said:
LOL. Some people's logic is so funny. Have you ever tried to educate her on the evil's of the counterfeit industry? When I was younger (14-15ish) I had no idea what was so bad about fake bags. Then I started researching it. Now I am VERY against it and try to educate people.

To answer your question, yes I think people will assume the real one is probably fake since all of her others are.

I hate hate hate fakes. My friend has an authentic lv and a fake. When she wears the fake, I literally cringe. Do you have any reputable sources that talk about the negatives of replicas that I can use to convince her to throw that damn thing out? Lol

I went out with a couple of my friends. One of them was known to carry fake LV's and then one day she carried the speedy that looked real. My other friend touched the bag and told her it was the best fake she had seen! My friend looked at her and said, "It's real!"

It was pretty embarrassing for the both of them.

If your aunt is carrying fakes and then carry the real deal, people would assume she's carrying a fake.

I went out with a couple of my friends. One of them was known to carry fake LV's and then one day she carried the speedy that looked real. My other friend touched the bag and told her it was the best fake she had seen! My friend looked at her and said, "It's real!"

It was pretty embarrassing for the both of them.

If your aunt is carrying fakes and then carry the real deal, people would assume she's carrying a fake.

Hahaha...hoped she learned her lesson about carrying fakes...If people cannot afford LV then don't buy it. Not having any is better than using fakes.:smile:

I've got a question: how does having a real Louis Vuitton make you feel in comparison to (hypothetically I hope) having a fake one?

If designer bags are a status symbol for a person, then I guess they will feel like they've made it. They have the money to buy an expensive item and show it off as a sign of their wealth and exclusivity.

I really didnt think of these bags as a status symbol. I just thought they were well made bags that will last a long time that I can take to have the leather changed out if and when it needs to be. I know I am new, but I am not thinking of what people will think if I have it, just that I like them. But I do shy away from the monogram due to it being a walking bilboard of sorts in my head to maybe people who are just going at the 'wow' factor of a LV as a status symbol.

At least, that is my take on a very short infatuation thus far.

I really didnt think of these bags as a status symbol. I just thought they were well made bags that will last a long time that I can take to have the leather changed out if and when it needs to be. I know I am new, but I am not thinking of what people will think if I have it, just that I like them. But I do shy away from the monogram due to it being a walking bilboard of sorts in my head to maybe people who are just going at the 'wow' factor of a LV as a status symbol.

At least, that is my take on a very short infatuation thus far.

Same here. I don't carry the monogram print bc it stands out too much for me. I would rather carry a Damier print or just the leather bags that don't have LV all over it. I do however love LV for the quality, brand, & style of the bags.

I've got a question: how does having a real Louis Vuitton make you feel in comparison to (hypothetically I hope) having a fake one?

I would never carry a fake. I would feel like everyone knows the bag is fake. Lol. I would be embarrassed to carry the bag & most likely hide it. Lol. I can totally see myself doing this. I cannot carry it confident & proud. :/