Ugh...my first quality issue

mp4

Weimanuts!
O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
I've seen the posts about quality and I've been lucky to escape these issues...in my entier handbag collection...not just chanel until now.

My 10A maxi has the stitch that holds the bag to itself by the flap coming loose. My goodness.....$3700 and they get something as simple as a stitch right?! I've only worn it for a week. I'll bring it back this weekend and see what they say. I know LV would give me a new bag...with the horror stories about returns and damages from repairs....I'm not sure what to expect.

Attachments

• maxistitch2.jpg
    maxistitch2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 153
  • maxistitch.jpg
    maxistitch.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 260
Geez....In my frazzled state to post this...I could have at least read it through....I meant to say:

My 10A maxi has the stitch that holds the bag to itself by the flap coming loose. My goodness.....$3700 and they get something as simple as a stitch wrong?! I've only worn it for a week. I'll bring it back this weekend and see what they say. I know LV would give me a new bag...with the horror stories about returns and damages from repairs....I'm not sure what to expect.[

The stitches popping like that is a common problem and an easy fix. Although, it really shouldn't happen to a new bag with very little wear. Take it to Chanel and they can fix it. Unfortunately, you may have to wait to get your bag back. It sucks, but if there is a bright spot at least it's easily fixable. I would throughly inspect my bag, If you feel there are any other issues, I would push for an exchange. If you are nervous about sending it for repair, take some pictures of the bag before you go.

Last edited:
Thanks Lallybelle! I've given the bag the hawkeye and there isn't anything else wrong with it.

I still might bring it in to complain, but if they only offer a repair, I'll wait til it gets worse. Or I'm ready to rotate out of this bag for a while.

I got it at NM....

Yep, by all means go in and show them. Your bag is too new to have issues.

I had to take my black jumbo in last year afer my friend noticed a popped stitch. I looked and it was on both sides! I took it in and it came back good as new.

Good Luck! :smile:

That makes me feel better! I've sent other bags in for repair....zipper issues....absolutely no problems. It seems like there are more issues with Chanel repairs...or maybe more people post about them...

I have one Chanel with a small quality issue (a bit of glue on the leather that could have been "scratched" off...but I didnt want this). They took it back with no problem. Good luck!

I'm so sorry to hear that, this shouldn't happen to an one week old bag, that's totally unacceptable :nogood:.
I'm quite sure they can fix it though, good luck :flowers:!

My black jumbo has the same problem... I brought it to one of the dept stores (I'm in the States), and was told that I should get a seamstress to fix it instead of sending it in for repair. Is it standard practice? I'm also afraid of more damage (saw some of the horror stories posted by tpf'ers) if I send it to Chanel, what to do???

I'll let everyone know what happens this weekend. I'm not going to be happy if they blow it off. I'm glad to hear it can be fixed, but who wants something you used for 5 days to need repair already...especially with the new ridiculous prices?!