Ugh...my first quality issue

I went back to NM today. As lallybelle stated, my SA acknowledge that this does happen...but also said it shouldn't happen after such a short period of use. She blames it on the handstitching...but I'm not buying that as a good reason for this....

She had the seamstress there tighten up the stitch. It took 30 minutes.

Although it's disappointing, I couldn't imagine making a big deal about it. I am a little bummed that the bag isn't perfect anymore...the fixed stitch looks like it was fixed....but it's on the inside of the bag and no one will see it but me.

I'm glad that you were able to get it repaired before it got any worse. This is so disappointing. I've been lucky to avoid the quality issues so far...by refusing to buy the new flaps. I've turned to vintage and what is already in my closet. If quality wasn't an issue, I suppose I would be willing to pay the new prices. However, with all of these problems, I'm just going to wait until they have better quality control. I'm sorry that you had to deal with this!

My black jumbo has the same problem... I brought it to one of the dept stores (I'm in the States), and was told that I should get a seamstress to fix it instead of sending it in for repair. Is it standard practice? I'm also afraid of more damage (saw some of the horror stories posted by tpf'ers) if I send it to Chanel, what to do???

I repair mines myself. All you need is a leather needle and thick matching thread. In less than a minute, the repair is done.

I went back to NM today. As lallybelle stated, my SA acknowledge that this does happen...but also said it shouldn't happen after such a short period of use. She blames it on the handstitching...but I'm not buying that as a good reason for this....

She had the seamstress there tighten up the stitch. It took 30 minutes.

Although it's disappointing, I couldn't imagine making a big deal about it. I am a little bummed that the bag isn't perfect anymore...the fixed stitch looks like it was fixed....but it's on the inside of the bag and no one will see it but me.

I'm glad they fixed it for you. Although disappointing, the way the stitch is done and the way it is positioned to hold the sides in place and with constant opening and closing of the flap, the thread will eventually wear out and burst. Some are done better than ours, but eventually will wear off over time. So far for me, only one flap had this problem. The others are pretty much still intact. I blame it on the person who did the stitching for not using a thicker thread or tightened it properly.