Ugh im so upset about this!!

DawnLuvsLouie

Oct 28, 2011
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place feel free to move it if I'm not:.. But I had a question last summer I purchased a mini Mac in red .. I was soooooo disappointed in the color I should have gotten lipstick read instead but I decided to keep it.. I wore it a grand total of 3 times and the last time I got something on it.. I think it may be color transfer even though I don't remember wearing dark jeans... Is there anything I can do to get rid of this or lessen it a little And how do I stop it from happening again? This is so frustrating...

image-3078230402.jpg

It's on the upper left hand side on the piping

image-2652255440.jpg

Two lines in the middle which makes me wonder how jeans could have made just two lines

Mar 19, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Have you tried putting anything on it yet? I have some Apple guard product and also rain repellent but I normally spray the later one on the bag before using it. The stain does look pretty dark...I don't know if you can really get rid of it completely....so this is the colour "red"? It looks rather orange on my screen..or is it just my screen?

kenzibray

Aug 28, 2012
Kentucky
I had some color transfer on my Grape MAC & Apple Guard conditioner helped some. Mine was worse than yours though. I've also heard Mr. Clean Magic Eraser but I would almost be too scared to try that. Anything you do try, try it in a unnoticeable spot first like under the flap

missmoz

"Me and the Moon"
O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
in the lab
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place feel free to move it if I'm not:.. But I had a question last summer I purchased a mini Mac in red .. I was soooooo disappointed in the color I should have gotten lipstick read instead but I decided to keep it.. I wore it a grand total of 3 times and the last time I got something on it.. I think it may be color transfer even though I don't remember wearing dark jeans... Is there anything I can do to get rid of this or lessen it a little And how do I stop it from happening again? This is so frustrating...

View attachment 2067263

It's on the upper left hand side on the piping

View attachment 2067265

Two lines in the middle which makes me wonder how jeans could have made just two lines
I feel your pain and I'm so sorry this happened! So I was able to get denim transfer out of a grey covet by using apple conditioner which got most of the blue stain out. But there was still some stains and I was able to get them out by gently using baby wipes. Once all stains were out, I then put apple conditioner to make sure the leather didn't dry out (since the wipes have alcohol in them). Of course you should always do a spot check for every different product you use so as to minimize damage should your leather be too sensitive. Good luck!

DawnLuvsLouie

Oct 28, 2011
Thanks everyone for ur help I'm going to get the apple guard.. And yes unfortunately that is the red.. : (. It looks way more coral in person I was so disappointed cuz on the Bloomingdales website it look way more red.... I should have ordered the lipstick red.. Will the apple guard stop that from happening again?

missmoz

"Me and the Moon"
O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
in the lab
Thanks everyone for ur help I'm going to get the apple guard.. And yes unfortunately that is the red.. : (. It looks way more coral in person I was so disappointed cuz on the Bloomingdales website it look way more red.... I should have ordered the lipstick red.. Will the apple guard stop that from happening again?
My experience is apple helps protect the leather from future stains but does not prevent it entirely. But it does make it easier to get out any stains that may get by.

kaits33

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I'm so sorry to hear that, but I think the tips the other ladies gave you are the best action to take. Let us know how it goes!! Good luck!