UGH...had to exchange my Cherry Sabrina (tarnish and peeling)

Oct 18, 2008
Ok, so I had originally bought the black/brass small sabrina back in december during Macy's Friends and family sale. Well I kept the tags on and changed my mind when I saw the cherry and exchanged for it. I loved that bag and I hadn't a chance to wear it out yet when I noticed the little tarnish looking spots. I wasn't going to return it but when I sort of rubbed it the whole darn thing started peeling. The gold layer peeled off on the horse's head where it was a shiny silver looking. That was completely unacceptable to me. Fortunately I kept the tags on....

I went to my close Macys and they didn't have cherry in stock so I had to drive 45 minutes out of my way and I got the last cherry sabrina that was in stock there. Honestly If I paid full price (I also opened a credit card so got more percentage off) then I would have returned it and given up on Sabrina. I seriously don't know what paint they used on the horse and carriage on Sabrina but they should find another one.

I had the same problem with tarnish on my parchment. I exchanged it, and glossed over the second one so it doesn't tarnish and peel.
There are pics and a discussion on another thread here.

:wtf: Yikes! And you haven't even gotten to use it ! I wasn't even aware of this problem for the sabrina. Hopefully this new one you picked out won't go through the same!

Ok before I glossed the cherry sabrina I exchanged I decided to use a clear gloss over a part of the logo on one of my Amanda accessories. I got this idea from the thread that was mentioned. Well on one part it was uneven so I rubbed it and it made it peel. I am so glad that it was a makeup bag and I got it for cheap. Anyways I am glad I did a test run on this and not on the Cherry sabrina not like it needed it anyways b/c it did it on its own.

Ok before I glossed the cherry sabrina I exchanged I decided to use a clear gloss over a part of the logo on one of my Amanda accessories. I got this idea from the thread that was mentioned. Well on one part it was uneven so I rubbed it and it made it peel. I am so glad that it was a makeup bag and I got it for cheap. Anyways I am glad I did a test run on this and not on the Cherry sabrina not like it needed it anyways b/c it did it on its own.

Are the Amanda accessory logos exactly like the Sabrina bag's? I can't remember...
Anyway, if you paint it, don't touch it, rub it, or anything- it should dry just fine. If you put too much gloss on it, use the brush to even it out with a touch of more gloss (so the brush doesnt streak it.) Then it will be ok when it dries. I glossed my stuff sometime in Jan. and it still looks ok. Definitely no further tarnish.

The Amanda accessories do have the same logo, I am glad I experimented on these and not my sabrina. However, on another note the paint that was actually peeled from my Sabrina (the one I returned) had a very pretty silver finish under it, so I guess if this one starts to peel it might not look so bad. Although it better not happen before I use it like the other one did.

Thanks for the suggestion on the glossing it if I feel like this one starts to tarnish or peel I might gloss it. I am very disappointed in the way Coach did their Madison logo in terms of quality.