ugh... cat hair!!

i finally bought the pledge fabric sweeper a couple of days ago, and it works great! it really does make a difference and picks up a ton of hair. i picked it up at target for $4.99 and i'll definitely continue buying them.

i must try the furminator. i have a very beautiful longhair white and tortoiseshell cat or (white and calico). she has beautiful silky fur, but i swear it gets EVERYWHERE. i always say poppy hair would survive a nuclear winter. i have learned to live with as she is definately the boss in my house!

I use my furminator and love it! When I use it, I sit on the floor with my cat, and keep a small waste bin near by for the hair. After we're done, I use a dustbuster to pick up any hair that is still on the floor. That works pretty well, plus we vacuum every week and use a brush attachment for the vacuum to get hair off the upholstered furniture.

I have six cats and 1 large dog and I hoover and brush the furniture and beds every day. Once a week my cleaner comes in and literally cleans the place for top to bottom but still if friends come in they always get hairs on them, I have given up and just wear jeans and old jumpers around the house. I'm sorry but I think the only answer is if you have pets you just have to live with the hairs

I have a persian and she doesn't shed very much. Probably because I use the Furminator hairbrush every few days and brush her everyday (takes less than 5 min) with a regular brush.

High quality cat food helps. I use Blue Buffalo.

I also use the Dyson animal about once a week.

The only hair I see is when I wear black and even then its not very much. I think brushing everyday helps alot.

A friend of mine visited and was amazed that there wasn't much hair shed on her after she pet the cat.

That Scotch velcro-like thingy is horrible. I wouldn't recommend using it on fabric
that pulls. I ruined my expensive comforter with that thing.
And it doesn't work that great, either.

A little bump regarding the furminator. My one cat loves it so that's OK. The long haired one that actually really NEEDS it hates being brushed. I always end up sweaty, scratched, and angry when I tackle the task. Any ideas on how to turn this around?

And/or, any good recs for supplements for their food to reduce the hairball problems? They already get supposedly hairball minimizing food. I've tried that paste you put on their paws, but basically he just flicks it off and it ends up on a white wall somewhere. Gah!!!

For the brushing thing you need to make it a positive experience. Try giving him a big pat and treats and sneak in a stroke here and there. We have one cat who doesn't clean himself and has the nastiest dandruff and that's how we got him to like the foaming cat shampoo that you just rub in and towel off - we would lay on the floor with him with food (he's a big piggy) and sneak in a squirt of shampoo and he loves it now because he associates it w treats.

Cat hair, ugh, I have been battling it for years. I have the Dyson for animals and the roomba for a quick cleanup. I also switched to leather furnitue, cat hair can't stick to it. Everyone in the family uses a lint roller before leaving the house! And I keep one in my car! I also brush them a few times a week.

A little bump regarding the furminator. My one cat loves it so that's OK. The long haired one that actually really NEEDS it hates being brushed. I always end up sweaty, scratched, and angry when I tackle the task. Any ideas on how to turn this around?

And/or, any good recs for supplements for their food to reduce the hairball problems? They already get supposedly hairball minimizing food. I've tried that paste you put on their paws, but basically he just flicks it off and it ends up on a white wall somewhere. Gah!!!

I always put the paste in the food and mix it well so that the little :censor: doesnt just shake it off ;)

I just bought Furminator and the waterless shampoo, we will do the first session today! The shampoo smells lovely by the way :smile: