Ugh, broken push lock on NY satchel :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a NY satchel from bonanza about 2 weeks ago, listed as excellent condition and used only a few times.

I was shopping today, and when I went to close the push lock, it just came apart in my hand!

I emailed BE but will they repair it since I bought it from bonanza? And even if they will, I assume I have to pay to send the bag, and for the return postage (I'm in the US). That seems like it really add up.

It's been 2 weeks, is it worth it to bring it up to the seller?

Or is this the sort of thing that a cobbler can take care of cheaply/easily and I should just deal with it myself.

Here are some pictures. I don't know why the parts look so old/dirty. Is this normal?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sorry this happened for you! This shouldn't have!

Yes, I think BE will repair this for you..they have repaired some of my bags..but the postage will be on you..so this will be costly (:

Not the seller's problem per se, since you used the bag and accidents like this can happen..but try and write BE..perhaps they can send you a replacement, so you can have it fixed by your local cobbler?..or they might surprise you and repair for free ;)

3. so..did you get it repaired?