uggs?

I like having thicker soles on the winter boots so these are my favorites (Ultras and Sundance):

Yeah I have to try on the sundance. I've loved them since they came out (for 2 or 3 years now) but never tried them on, I always thought they were "too much" - but the bottoms look like they have such good grip! I'm in between those and a pair of ultra's because their bottoms also look like they'd grip the ground - I'm in upstate NY and it FLURRIED earlier today which has me petrified, knowing the bad weather is coming so soon!

Can you wear them year to year? Would I end up trashing a pair this winter? I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Sunset Uggs, I'm tired of cold feet!

It depends on the bottoms. I bought a pair of classic shorts in sand and chestnut in November about 2 years back and by summer they were unrecognizable, dirty, had lost their shape, and stretched out from getting wet so many times in the snow and drying while on me. When uggs get wet you need to shape them, stuff em' with paper towels until they dry to shape. 2 summers ago I bought a new pair of chestnut classic shorts and last november I bought a new pair of sand classic shorts - and they're doing just fine, but I don't take them out in bad weather. So if you live somewhere where you'll want to wear them in snow/ice etc then I suggest you steer clear from the classic line and go towards the ultra's or something with a thicker, grippier (is that a word?) bottom. The classic's are SO hard to walk in on ice - though they are boots technically, they're really not made for snow or ice IMO because they have like zero traction.

I went back and read some old threads, and the response is varied: some claim to have worn them in slush and storms without so much as a water spot, and others say they've trashed their boots in a matter of months.

I'm just worried about how they'll stand up to the rain (we've got lots of that this fall). Do you spray them with suede protector? Does it ruin their softness?
My original tan Uggs that I've had for about 8 years now are still in great condition. I've never treated them with anything and have worn them for shoveling snow and walking through deep snow. They are very sturdy. Ugg makes their own sheepskin cleaner & conditioner and stain & water repellent. It is probably a good idea to use the stain and water repellent on darker colors (which I'm going to do on my new mini's).

i was just wondering...i have apple garde rain & stain repellent. has anyone tried this on uggs? it's supposed to be ok for suede, nubuck, leather, and fabrics. i don't really want to buy another protector when i have this already at home, but i'm not sure if the results are the same as the ugg protector.

I love Uggs, and I prefer the classic to the ultra soles. I love the new Imperial Blue - do they come in anything other than the mini size? I am also trying to work out what brand Kate Moss is wearing at the mo....

I'm buying some too and have the same question.... I wear US size 8.5. Should I go for the 8 or the 9? :confused1:
In the Classics or Ultras go down a little. If you are an 8.5 get the 8. I wear 9.5 or 10 and wear 9 in Uggs Classics (shorts & minis). There are some styles that run more true-to-size. A good way to find out is go to Zappos.com and read the reviews for the particular Ugg boot you want and you'll see what other buyers recommend. I've heard the Sunset style runs smaller.

I love Uggs, and I prefer the classic to the ultra soles. I love the new Imperial Blue - do they come in anything other than the mini size? I am also trying to work out what brand Kate Moss is wearing at the mo....

I agree. :yes:

I think the classic is more stylish looking, too, although less practical.

I feel that when uggs get too structured, they lose some of their charm.