Ugggggg...eBay Hell

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
So I bought an item on eBay yesterday. I paid using Paypal. The money has already been deducted from my account. I got an email saying that the item will be shipped with UPS and a label was printed using Paypal's shipping system. Then this evening I get an email from eBay and Paypal saying that the listing was removed from eBay. Now it is not showing up in my Won list in eBay. What in the world does this mean? How can a listing get removed after the item has been bought? I have emailed the seller and am awaiting response. I am sick at my stomach! What is going on?

purse-cursed

My HG changes daily
O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
Canada
This can be caused by a number of things... is the seller showing as "no longer registered"? I think you can put your PayPal payment on "hold" until you hear back from the seller that everything is ok...

mcoop13

O.G.
Apr 12, 2009
Aw greyhoundgal I'm sorry this happened to you! I don't really know much about Ebay but have you tried posting in the ebay forum? The ladies over there may be able to help you out. I hope it all works out for you!!!

mzbag

Apr 14, 2009
The Five Great Lakes
Contact a ebay rep via live chat they should help. Sorry that has happened do the search on ebay and get the rep. I don't sell on ebay anymore maybe a TPF member can give you the steps under the ebay forum.

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
I am currently on hold with eBay. Pray that everything is ok. I am sick at my stomach. This was an expensive bag. I know that I am protected with Paypal, but I fear the hassle of getting my money back will make me want to pull my hair out.
Thanks ladies for such a quick reply. I love you girls!

bagladie112

Aug 2, 2008
wow!!!!! that's bananas i can't believe evil bay did u like that! when i bought my bag from there i was so scared that the seller would do a bait and switch or simply just not send the bag but i took my chances and just dove in...anywho it worked out (seller was gr8) but i vowed never 2 do it again though( 2 nerve-racking)...best of luck hon...

May 22, 2007
SoCal
It could be for a number of reasons. Hard to tell and eBay won't tell you either. But if you have tracking already I wouldn't worry just yet.

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
I just got off of the phone with eBay...32 minutes on hold...and they said that the seller is temporarily unregistered. They couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me why but said that if I don't get the bag I will get a refund. We shall see. The buyer was a power seller and had a lot of good feedback and only 2 negative ones that sounded like they were from people that just won't be happy with anything (upset about the price they paid). They have been selling on eBay for over a year and have sold hundreds of items most of which were Coach bags so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Alice1979

Toxic
O.G.
Jul 28, 2008
NY
It happened to me once. After I paid and received a tracking, the listing I won got pulled. It turned out, it violated trademark infringement. A couple days later, I received the shoes and it was a great experience. If the seller is still registered, this could be a reason.

ETA: Just saw your post. I hope that you do receive your bag or get your money back without hassel. Do keep us posted.

Jun 12, 2007
It could be trademark violation or maybe she didnt pay her Ebay fees. That is highly possible too. Keep us posted on this. I hope it shows up for you.