I was told today that someone had read that UGG boots can cause cancer. As my daughter has 4 pairs I looked it up on the internet. I found this very disturbing article & thought you should read it & make up your own minds. I will certainly be discouraging my daughter from wearing them in future. I suppose this applies to everything lined with sheepskin. http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=35;t=001863 A 16 year old varsity cheerleader went boating with some friends one Sunday, wearing her favorite pair of Ugg boots. During the trip she started feeling woozy, and said that she needed to sit down. An hour later, she began projectile vomiting. Six hours later, she died. The autopsy revealed that she had acquired cancer though repeated and lengthy exposure to Vinyl chloride, a toxic chemical, which is designed to kill parasites contained in sheep's wool.When exposed to heat and moisture, it can absorb into the skin and can lead to dizziness, fainting, vomiting, and in rare cases, death. The woman had unknowingly absorbed a lethal amount of this chemical through the the soles of her feet. She was an avid fan of Uggs, and had tackily (and tragically) decided to wear her pair of Australia "Uptown II" boots everyday for six months straight. The cute, sporty shoes that she always said would "get her laid", eventually did....6 feet under the ground! Friends and family could only stand by helplessly as the cancer ravaged her frail, yet popular, body! A study at NYCU has shown that the majority of shoes that contain sheeps wool, such as Uggs, are full of germs and bacteria, which require them to be rountinely treated with Vinyl chloride. Vinyl chloride is a dangerous, cancer causing chemical which can lead to weight gain and infertility at even small doses.