Ugent about My Red Caviar!!!

envazine

O.G.
Jul 25, 2007
Hi guys ....

i really need your help. from the pics i posted, to be honest, i used this bag less than ten times...when i used, i always take care of it.....but i dont know y the threads at both corners of the bag came out like this.....what should i do???? can i send my bag to chanel to fix it???? how long does it take????

can anyone help me????:crybaby:

P1000820_resize.jpg

P1000821_resize.jpg

P1000822_resize.jpg

P1000823_resize.jpg

unfortunately, this is not an uncommon problem though it is unusual to have both sides unravel unless you are carrying a lot in your bag. if the bag was purchased within the last year, i would try to get a replacement (it certainly can't hurt to try and is greatly preferable to getting it repaired). good luck!

I feel so bad for you! Did you buy it from a boutique? If so, take it back with your original receipt and ask for an exchange.
I've heard repairs take a really long time. :sad:
Good luck and let us know how it pans out

Are there any boutiques by where you live? Even if you didnt buy it from that boutique, they should still be able to help you. If not, try to find the best handbag repair shop nearby and see what they can do for you. good luck:flowers:

if you bought it from a chanel boutique it doesn't matter that you don't have the receipt -- they will have your information in their computer system. i suggest you call the store where you bought it from and try to get a new bag because the one you have is defective. whether you get a new bag or not will depend on the sa so be nice! she will probably need you to ship the bag back before she can commit to anything because she will need to confirm that this is not normal wear & tear.

I had same exact problem before with my chanel white jumbo. i sent to my Chanel SA@ Houston TX and he fixed it for me for free.. only took him 2 weeks to ship the bag back to me . I did not buy that particular bag fr him, but before, i bought many chanel bags from him.He is awesome!.

you don't have to ship it to USA, if there's any chanel boutique around you live

just go there, and they are going to replace it or they are going to do someting

I feel sorry for you.

thanks everyone.....i really hv no idea what should i do. in london, there r chanel boutiques....but im not sure if i go there they r gonna fix for me or not coz i dont hv a reciept plus i didnt buy this bag from them....

if you bought it from a chanel boutique it doesn't matter that you don't have the receipt -- they will have your information in their computer system. i suggest you call the store where you bought it from and try to get a new bag because the one you have is defective. whether you get a new bag or not will depend on the sa so be nice! she will probably need you to ship the bag back before she can commit to anything because she will need to confirm that this is not normal wear & tear.

hi kicksarefortwids.....u think if i call SA, is it possible that she would change the bag for me???? i can ship my bag there....what u think???

thanks so much

i didn't realize that you have a local chanel -- take your bag there (or perhaps call first to make sure that chanel has a consolidated computer system so that they can look up your purchase from the us). you can find out over the phone whether your information is in their system. if it is, bring your bag to your local chanel and explain the problem. like i said, what they decide to do is entirely within their discretion. but if the bag was purchased recently and is otherwise in like new condition, then the sa should be able to see that it is a defect and not normal wear and tear. i have personal experience with this. i had a black jumbo that i had for just under a year when i noticed one of the metal rings that the chain strap runs through was lifting. i did not have a receipt. i took the bag to my local chanel fully expecting to only get it repaired. the sa looked up my information on the computer, inspected the bag and declared that since the bag was otherwise in perfect condition except for the ring, that it was a defect and i was entitled to a brand new bag even though i didn't ask for one. the new bag was shipped to me (my store didn't have any in stock) and i thought i was dreaming! it's possible that i had the nicest sa in the world but it goes to show that it can't hurt to try!

thanks so much for your advice. i will try. i bought this bag in the beginning of this year. it shouldnt be like this.....if sa is nice enough, she must do sth for this.

gosh! i never expect this gonna happen to me... :sad:

i didn't realize that you have a local chanel -- take your bag there (or perhaps call first to make sure that chanel has a consolidated computer system so that they can look up your purchase from the us). you can find out over the phone whether your information is in their system. if it is, bring your bag to your local chanel and explain the problem. like i said, what they decide to do is entirely within their discretion. but if the bag was purchased recently and is otherwise in like new condition, then the sa should be able to see that it is a defect and not normal wear and tear. i have personal experience with this. i had a black jumbo that i had for just under a year when i noticed one of the metal rings that the chain strap runs through was lifting. i did not have a receipt. i took the bag to my local chanel fully expecting to only get it repaired. the sa looked up my information on the computer, inspected the bag and declared that since the bag was otherwise in perfect condition except for the ring, that it was a defect and i was entitled to a brand new bag even though i didn't ask for one. the new bag was shipped to me (my store didn't have any in stock) and i thought i was dreaming! it's possible that i had the nicest sa in the world but it goes to show that it can't hurt to try!

Hi everyone, I have the same problem as Envazine with the bag (but just in 1 side) I bought just more than a week ago in France, as I recall the bag is only available in rue Cambon and there was only 1 left in the time I was there, Im afraid if I ask now they would not have any other bag to change for me (as the bag sold out very quick) and Im already back to my country where has no Chanel boutique. I'm still keeping the receipt, authentic card and care booklet. Anyone can give me an advice what should I do with the bag?
It is so annoying when paying so much for the bag and the result is bad quality. Im a bit up set about this.

Last edited: