U.S. Customs Duties...?

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
Hi Ladies,
Didn't have the patience to search for this one. You, who have received bags in this year...how much (what %) is the U.S. Customs Duty on BE bags? And, do your bags ever come in "free?" Thanks!;)

I haven't had a ton come in from BE, but I think 3 this year. And none of them had duties or customs fees added. But, they weren't all in one order, so I don't know what happens with larger shipments. But I have bought many bags and baby carriers from overseas and nothing has ever had fees to be paid upon delivery.

Thanks Jenbur! I have ordered in the past, and on some shipments I have paid, and on others I have not. I think it depends perhaps on what size the order is...sometimes one bag can slip through...and yet, I have paid on one bag too. So, depends on the mood of the inspector that day, if s/he wants to let it through. You are lucky you haven't paid any duty.

Anyone else? I'm still interested in knowing the % of U.S. customs duty.

I haven't had a ton come in from BE, but I think 3 this year. And none of them had duties or customs fees added. But, they weren't all in one order, so I don't know what happens with larger shipments. But I have bought many bags and baby carriers from overseas and nothing has ever had fees to be paid upon delivery.

My experience has been the same. When I was buying/selling baby carriers alot I neven had one with dutys attached. Nor have any of my BE shipments ever been affected. I am very thankful!

I have never had any fees on any bag that I have bought from BE. They all come Royal Mail and are then passed on to USPS.

I've never paid a cent of customs fees. Do you have to pay a lot of fees when your bags come from the US, TropGal? I'm trying to think of a way I could get them to you. Do you have an estimated date of arrival for the bags?

Hi Moon, I've had three bags sent to two diff people in the U.S. who are coming to see me. My son being one of them, coming for Xmas vacay from college, who's bringing two of the bags: the Vermillion Madrid, and the Tan Bubble Chevre Stroke Me. The Nougat Milan is arriving on Jan. 5 ish. I think the Black Velvet Matte L.A. Satchel, I'll have sent to me in Mexico, and will have to pay 16% duty on. Mexico is tough. I try to have the bags sent to the U.S. and then plan a trip up there to collect. But lately, Moon, I'm thinking about moving to Florida. We'll talk. ha ha.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about your young-uns here! They can certainly get your bags home to your anxious little hands. Florida? I thought your plan was Houston! Lucky you if you get to Florida, for that's Larke's territory. You won't find a better state-neighbor than Sister Mary Pocketbook! My husband and I are considering a move to North Carolina. Everything's so up in the air right now, but I do miss NC so very much. Let's meet up at Larke's house! HeeHee!!

Hi Moon, I've had three bags sent to two diff people in the U.S. who are coming to see me. My son being one of them, coming for Xmas vacay from college, who's bringing two of the bags: the Vermillion Madrid, and the Tan Bubble Chevre Stroke Me. The Nougat Milan is arriving on Jan. 5 ish. I think the Black Velvet Matte L.A. Satchel, I'll have sent to me in Mexico, and will have to pay 16% duty on. Mexico is tough. I try to have the bags sent to the U.S. and then plan a trip up there to collect. But lately, Moon, I'm thinking about moving to Florida. We'll talk. ha ha.