Typos underlined in dotted red, can I turn it off?

Junkenpo

Maui Strong...♥️
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
Hi mods! I notice that when i type up my posts, if I misspell or abbrv something, a line of little red dots appears under the word to kindly let me know that i messed up.

ummm..... anyway I can turn that off? I usually am aware of the mistakes in spelling and grammar i make, but i'm making a conscious choice to let them stand as I like to be as informal here as i have to be formal at work...

thank you!

Are you on an Apple computer? I noticed the red dots also when I spell something unusual but it's not just on tPF - I saw it on my e-mail website as well, so I think it has to do with a recent operating system update that Apple sent out recently. Anyone else notice this?

Are you on an Apple computer? I noticed the red dots also when I spell something unusual but it's not just on tPF - I saw it on my e-mail website as well, so I think it has to do with a recent operating system update that Apple sent out recently. Anyone else notice this?

How funny!:confused1: (funny-strange, not funny ha-ha...lol)

I am on a mb pro using safari and a clearwire connection, but none of the other forums i visit do the li'l underline thing, not even in my hotmail account....

I shall search some more... mahalo for letting me know it's me and not you! :shame:

i'm on a macbook pro using both firefox and safari, and it does it for me on both browsers on every website that i type in. i don't have hotmail, though, so that might be different. it does it on my yahoo mail.