Types of leather on Givenchy bags?

^yes they did during the very first season(s) of the nightingales. Those came without logos on the handles. But I'm pretty sure the leather is lamb and the handles are ostrich. The hardware was also gunmetal, I believe.

In fact, blogger Rumi Neely has the exact one in a maxi.

Are there 2 types of pepe leather for the pandora? Since when?
I saw in BG that there's the "old" pepe washed matte sheepskin and pepe italian calfskin.
What's the difference between the 2 in terms of durability and appearance?

interesting. i'd think this is relatively new production. having not seen them irl, i'd say calf in general is a bit stiffer than lamb, so i'd say the pepe version would be similar. durability-wise, i'd say the pepe makes it even playing field. I've never had any issues with my old pepe lamb pandas...they survive traveling, daily use and still looks great.

Hiya. I saw a black goatskin pandora with silver hardware in Selfridges and really, really liked it. Before I take the plunge could someone let me know if this bag/leather combination would become slouchy or stay firm/boxy. I prefer slouchy bags. Thank you

Hi Lisa. I have a black goatskin pandora with silver hardware and it is soft and slouchy. You would love it for sure:tup::yes:

interesting. i'd think this is relatively new production. having not seen them irl, i'd say calf in general is a bit stiffer than lamb, so i'd say the pepe version would be similar. durability-wise, i'd say the pepe makes it even playing field. I've never had any issues with my old pepe lamb pandas...they survive traveling, daily use and still looks great.

Thanks randr21! You have a point with regard to calf being stiffer. I'm sure it will still drape beautifully, since goat compared to calf is stiffer and its soft and slouchy! :smile:

I have a question about the Pandora leather. Not sure I should be posting pics here, but wondered if anyone knew what leather this looked like?? I know it's only photos - best guess?? The hardware is supposed to be matte black - or that's how it was described to me. I am thinking a gunmetal??
Can anyone help?? I definitely want silver HW or antique silver...

attachment

attachment
attachment

Hi! Just want to share. When I first got my Pandora I was scared of getting it wet because I have always kept in mind that leather bags might get water stains. I was really bummed out when I took my bag out and it poured. Rain droplets left dark spots in my bag. But to my relief the spots disappeared after a few minutes. I love Givenchy goat skin. Such a carefree bag! By the way I have not sprayed or wiped any leather protector on it yet.

Hi what type of leather is recommended for the antigona?? I'm in NZ and sadly cant physically look at the bags... I'd prefer one that will probably stay it's shape, maybe day to day use to work

Thank you for this threat about leather types! With your help I just decide to order online a Nightingale in lamb black leather. I will post photos of it, of course.;)

Is the "sugar" leather stiffer and shinier or is it just a new name for regular goatskin? I looked at the Bottle Green sugar leather Antigona on Forward by Elyse, it looks shiny and structured to me. It's so gorgeous.