Types of bags for a 12 year old

I do have a 12 year old, but so far the bag-loving gene appears to have skipped a generation as she hardly notices bags, but has been known to buy anything 'cute' from Claire's Accessories which she uses for a short time, then forgets. And given the state of her bedroom, the idea of giving her anything that costs more than £15 terrifies me!

LV multicolor or cherry blossom if u can find one.... also i saw colored bags of prada very teens like..colors: pink, yellow, blue, green.. and all bright shades. style very very similar to the bag im attaching but in a smaller size.. very cute.. :yes:

Attachments

• prada_nappa_gauffre.jpg
    prada_nappa_gauffre.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 136
You'll definitely get a really broad range of what brands would be considered age-appropriate on this forum. So, what type of budget do you have in mind? My niece is somewhere between WalMart and Saks 5th Avenue, because at that age, it could swing both ways by her own admission. You can get some darned cute bags at Target, or you can get a really sweet Dooney, too, which I think would be wonderful!

Dooney & Bourke comes to mind first or the Tokidoki bags. I have a 10 year old neice and her favorite bag are the spangled atrocities you see in all the Walmarts, etc. Big gawdy sequins...UGH! But you can't tell that to her and all of her school pals. They all have them.

We've been buying Juicy Couture for our daughter since she was 10. She's 13 now. So, she's got a gazillion Juicy bags, some Burberry and some Gucci. She had an LV when she was 4 or 5.

To me, this depends on a few things: Your budget, her level of maturity (as regards to responsibility), her taste and other things.

something cute from Target.
I'd be afraid of a more expensive bag getting ruined, lost, or making her a target for being made fun of/ looked at differently. That being said, if she earned or saved the money herself, I don't think it would be my place to tell her what she could/couldn't spend it on.

It really depends on the child. I lost things AAAAALLL the time. If your child really takes care of things, then you can consider a more expensive handbag as an investment.

Thanks for the quick replies. Actually, my birthday is coming up soon, the 1st of January actually, so I'm thinking about what I should ask for my birthday. Unfortunately, my budget is only $250 so LV is obviously out...sigh...

I'm relatively mature for my age, so I believe that I can take care of my bags well. I want something which is fun, yet classy.

Most of the bags that I own are Kipling, Guess and LeSportsac. I ADORE the Juicy Couture Key Charm Bowler, however, I don't think that there is a Juicy Couture store in Singapore