Tylie Malibu Bags - Lovely or Ugly?

shoppergrl

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
What is the general feeling about Tylie Malibu suede utility purses? http://www.tyliemalibu.com/Scripts/collection.asp

I bought one in teal, and the reaction from my boyfriend was something along the lines of "it looks like a five year old used a bedazzler on the strap." :P Keep in mind that my boyfriend claims to "hate purses" (and clothes and shoes)... but he does occasionally say positive things about the stuff I bring home. He likes my black Coach bag, for example.

So, anyway, I'm having some doubts. Also, not sure what the teal will match with. I guess burgundy, black...?

What do you girls think?

I like some of the designs, but not all. I can understand your concern about matching your clothing with teal...I would have problems matching my clothes to them...maybe that is why I don't own a teal purse.

I really think it depends on the bag itself and your style. I have the Apache flower in chocolate brown pebbled leather, and it is one of the most gorgeous and practical bags I own. I always get comments on it when I carry it, and the leather is soooo light.

I think Tylie is like any designer; some bags are really gorgeous and some I don't care for...

Your bf's opinion only matters if he's going to borrow it from you one day.:P

Attachments

• APACHE_STILL.jpg
    APACHE_STILL.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 367
I really like it!! It is such a pretty colour and will add a pop of colout to any neutral. It'll go with black, grey, brown, burgundy, white. Tell your bf that im think it's a lovely bag. Enjoy!!

Tylie Malibu uses great leather, as TejasMama pointed out - I've had several (lambskin, deerskin) and they are so touchably soft and light. I've never bought a suede one so I don't have personal experience with that, but I've always liked the signature studded TM strap.

Uhm, I would say the Zuma, or the Equestrian. I don't really have much of an opinion on the others. The color of the Zuma is nice.

If you are doing neutrals, the bag will pop your outfit. I love Teal with grey, brown and a light khaki or camel.