TygerKitty - I need your help!!!

^^ Ladies, you're right about the fade. But I decided to buy a mandarin minilisa from Bag anyway - I just couldn't resist that color! She's gorgeous.

A quick question: since she's from last fall, I suppose it's normal that the crunch is a little dry?

Should I Lexol her? I tested a dry spot on the bottom, and it softened up the leather but also darkened it quite a bit (it's dry now, I did this yesterday morning).

*a little wary after my ML fiasco* http://forum.purseblog.com/tano/leave-it-to-ocd-girl-497273.html

Did the color stay darkened??

I have never had a conditioning product turn a bag darker and not lighten after it was dry.

But yes, it is normal that the leather is dry after being that old... it's like skin, if you didn't lotion your skin since last fall you'd be dry too! (but we're living beings and can put water into our bodies and hydrate and all that... leather is no longer attached to the living creature! Lol)

Yes, TK, it did stay darker after almost 24 hours. That crunch sheen seems to be completely worn off in places (along the bottom and sides) and those spots darkened several shades. The spots where the leather still seems crunchy and shiny stayed the same with the conditioner....

MLF, It sounds like your Minilisa was REALLY faded. When I've used Lexol it's always come out a smidge darker than before I did it, but that's just bringing it back towards its original color, not going any darker than I've noticed.

I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe darker than what you had is closer to its original shade, and the Lexol restored that. :shrugs:

MLF, It sounds like your Minilisa was REALLY faded. When I've used Lexol it's always come out a smidge darker than before I did it, but that's just bringing it back towards its original color, not going any darker than I've noticed.

I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe darker than what you had is closer to its original shade, and the Lexol restored that. :shrugs:

OMG I thought you called her a MILF! lmao

^^ Hee hee. I guess I'm M(i)lF whether I call myself MonaLethalFan or MiniLisaFan. Funny.

Beeb, I think you're right. I think she was really faded. I'm going to give her a light Lexol all over and see what happens.

Here's a pic - I Lexol'd the bottom left panel.

minilisa.jpg

I love both the lighter and darker shade - my only concern is that the really dry part I Lexol'd has this rough, dry, dull, finish. No shiny crunch! Boo.